Silhouette stock for Anschutz 2013

This is what we do.
22match
B Poster
B Poster

Silhouette stock for Anschutz 2013

Post by 22match »

I have been a smallbore 3P and prone competitor for many years and now it's time for a change, I briefly considered BR-50, just not for me, no challenge and frankly It was boring. I shot some silhouette matches years ago (HP and SB) and really enjoyed them, so here I am. Now my question, I have an Anschutz 2013, I know I can't use the free rifle stock and I need a silhouette stock, where on earth can I find one? No luck with my internet search. Do I have to modify a stock to fit my square action? Thanks, Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Silhouette stock for Anschutz 2013

Post by Jason »

I don't know if you'll be able to make it under the max weight restriction with a 2013 action/barrel. The 2000 series action is about a pound heavier than the 1800/1900 series actions, from the best of my memory. If you combine that with that long, heavy xx13 barrel, you're probably tipping past that smallbore standard class weight limit, even with very lightweight stock, scope, and scope mounts.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Jason wrote:I don't know if you'll be able to make it under the max weight restriction with a 2013 action/barrel. The 2000 series action is about a pound heavier than the 1800/1900 series actions, from the best of my memory. If you combine that with that long, heavy xx13 barrel, you're probably tipping past that smallbore standard class weight limit, even with very lightweight stock, scope, and scope mounts.

Jason,
Should be able to make it with a different barrel, which is a real easy swap on the 2013. I know Chango and Hambone both have and shoot the 2013 actions in glass/carbon stocks.

22match, Steve Wooster should be able to tell you for sure, or maybe Frank in El Paso who has started making the Pharr style stocks again. I don't have Franks email or contact information handy maybe some one can post it.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
22match
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22match »

I use a lighter weight Lilja 27" barrel but was thinking about ordering another Lilja at 21", I believe the 27" weights about 5lbs. I ditched the super heavy 2013 factory barrel soon after buying the rifle. Thanks for the info!
Ken
NRA and USA Shooting Life Member, Charter Member USA Shooting.
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

If I can get the total weight of action with scope and rings and mounts I will be able to tell you if it will work. I have made lite weight stocks for heavy weights. I had one 1 lb. 4oz. that I shot for a long time. Its like a race car, works great but can't be used for a jack handle.

Steve
22match
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22match »

Weight is 7lbs 13oz with Weaver T-36 scope and mounts. If I switch to the 21" barrel I can save a little weight.
Ken
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

I guess I should have asked if you where making a standard rifle or a hunter? If its a standard it would be know problem. Hunter even with a shorter barrel would be almost impossible. My hunter stocks usually run 1 lb. 7 or 8 oz. But I can make them down to 4oz. If it was me I would stick to a 24" barrel if all possible.
22match
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22match »

I'm going with the standard rifle, message me with the details, Thanks!
Ken
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

As Steve says, with the lighter weight barrel and 7lb 13oz total weight of the barrel action, scope and mounts, it should be no problem at all to make it under the 10lb 2oz standard rifle weight limit. It will likely still be muzzle heavy, but I set up my rifles to be muzzle heavy on purpose.
22match
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22match »

Nearly ready for next season. Need some range time to find the right torque for the action screws. Weight with Wooster Stock came under 10 lbs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Looks good! I hope to see you at the 2016 NRA Small bore Silhouette Nationals.