Weaver Classic T24 Scope

This is what we do.
whale
A Poster
A Poster

Weaver Classic T24 Scope

Post by whale »

My nephew would like a new scope for his rifle. He asked me about a new Weaver Classic T24 fixed power scope. Anyone uses one? How does it compare to Leupold's Competition in 25x? Should I mention a variable scope? However, I think he wants a fixed power scope. Thank you for you help?
Charles
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Weaver Classic T24 Scope

Post by cedestech »

The "newer" Weavers can only be had in 1/4" dot, 1/8" turrets, too small of a dot and too fine of adjustments, you'll go more then a revolution from chickens to rams. Eye relief is not as generous as Leupold. Doesn't matter as much as on small bore.

Leupold FX-3 you can get 3/8 or 1/2" dot, 1/4" turrets. Good support and outstanding warranty.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I would defiantly go with the 25x gold ring. The 'old' Weavers were great scopes, all steel and heavy but I don't think you are talking about that scope. You might want to take a look at a Vortex Viper. They are a little less costly but still a good scope.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

the best weaver t-scopes were the old el paso steel weaver t-scopes.
whale
A Poster
A Poster

Post by whale »

Thanks everyone for your input. I purchased a Leupold FX-3 Silhouette 25X for my nephew. It should arrive shortly. I hope that he likes it.
Charles