Hunter Rifle Trigger Shoe Restrictions

This is what we do.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Hunter Rifle Trigger Shoe Restrictions

Post by Emietenkorte »

Hello,
I read through the rule book and couldn't find anything regarding trigger shoe restrictions. I might have missed them. So my question is can you have an adjustable trigger shoe that can be adjusted on it's y axis and for rotation on a hunter rifle? Something similar to the picture below....
Any information will be appreciated!

Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Hunter Rifle Trigger Shoe Restrictions

Post by Jerry G »

I have one on my hunter and has passed inspection at the nationals several times.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Thank you very much!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thanks for asking this, Erich. I've considered using one of those for more consistent finger placement on the trigger in the past and never gotten around to asking.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

I'm glad someone else was wondering about this. I had the impression that it had to be something you find on a stock hunting rifle. I have the above trigger blade on my Anschutz 54ms that I'm going to try for standard class. Since I mounted an Anschutz trigger on my Sako Finnfire it would be cool to have the same type of trigger blade.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Hunter rifle doesn't have to be a catalog item like it was back in the 90s. Hell, most everyone that had something a little different had a copy of the catalog page in their shooting box back then.
southpaw
B Poster
B Poster

Post by southpaw »

Thats the trigger I put on my 1712[adapted with cut 16 penny nail]. Only been thru Conard Cup tech ----never thought it might not be legal. :o
Last edited by southpaw on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalMisser
B Poster
B Poster

Post by MetalMisser »

I strongly suspect that anything other than a "regular so-called trigger shoe" may be illegal. But the"...if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" saying might come in somewhere in this discussion. f it gets by inspection-it got by inspection. But if a competitor protests you or a linesman sees it-especially at the nationals, the rule book will apply and I suspect you will be removing it. On the 10-pound gun it of course is legal as long as it is safe.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Hey MetalMisser, unless you can show a rule that refers at all to what trigger blade or shoe must be used, then keep your suspicions to yourself. We prefer actual data here instead of rants and accusations. Feel free to go troll some other forum for a sport that isn't as friendly as ours where your troublemaking may be more readily accepted.
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

Yeah most of Steve's builds have one of Marv's (now Keith's) trigger shoes on them due to the depth of the stock and some other factors. They are definately not anything close to standard Anschutz issue (while I'm on it. how does anschutz justify charging what they do for a 1712 and then ship it with a rinky dink piece of crap piece of scrap aluminum, finger cutting trigger. they should be embarresed!)

There are dozens and dozens of these out there and the folks that win at the big matches are the folks who've gotten these builds quite frequently.

I'd run it by Steve as if I recal he's on the commitee and could give you a pretty good opinion. Hope to see you at the kids match Turkey day weekend Erich!

**== :ymcowboy: **==
Res ipsa loquitur
MetalMisser
B Poster
B Poster

Post by MetalMisser »

Hey Jason are you always such an impolite jackass when someone says a SUGGESTION on a post about an item possibly being protested. While rule 3.1.1 (d) which applies to small bore also (if you have not read the rules) does NOT cover trigger shoes on the standard gun, all it takes is a protest and a jury to decide it does--and that is all I am suggesting. For something to be ruled on via a match directors decision or a jury it does NOT have to be specific to the book. Try not to be so macho ...
hugh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by hugh »

Shut up shultz and go away you douchebag.

hugh
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

No, I am not always. I only do so for those who show that they deserve it. What I am is a match director who uses the actual rules in my matches and expect them to be used at larger matches that I travel to. You are misleading the original poster of this question with inaccurate information. As others have said, feel free to go elsewhere with your accusations and misinformation.
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

I wasn't going to get into this pointless topic about the trigger shoe, But I had too. First off the trigger shoe in question is just fine. I have seen many different configurations over the years. Some I couldn't figure out why they would even use them and some pretty good ideas. Sense the hunter rifle issues have been cleared up, things have been going great. So I guess if it looks like a trigger shoe, it must be one. And if it doesn't say its illegal in the rule book, it must not be. I have never been beat by a competitor because had had a better trigger shoe than mine. Remember we have to stand up and shoot like big boys. I have been running matches for the better part of 20 years, never had a protest during my matches. And probably never will. As for the metalmisser or whatever handle he use's he just must have a axe to grind. Or just like's stir the pot, so I guess responding to him is what he like. I would just ignore him.

Steve
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Thank you Mr. SDWooster. I happen to prefer wider triggers and the one in the photo is tempting me. It is godd to know it is legal.

Thank you again.