Colorado State SB Sil. Rifle Championship a Fraud

This is what we do.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Colorado State SB Sil. Rifle Championship a Fraud

Post by DavidABQ »

Deleted
Last edited by DavidABQ on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Just a guess Dave. He did however leave a few hints.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Jerry G wrote:Damn, I think I know who that is and he is from western CO. Way to JS!!!! :ymdevil: =))
Was thinking it was him also Jerry, sure sounds like his banter.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

I just read the CO Smallbore Champ. match program that my FRIEND David Bonner emailed to me back in August. It is attached in case anyone else would like to read it. I'll start by saying that I don't know whether Dave registered this match as a State Championship with the NRA or with the CO state association. As I stated earlier, I don't care. ASSUMING that this MetalMisser goober is correct and the match was not registered with the NRA, there are two practical consequences: National records cannot be set; and, should another person come along and run a CO smallbore silhouette state championship and register it with the NRA and the state association, the association will likely have to crown the winner of that match the state champion (if the state association even keeps up with it). The bottom line is - likely the only person at the match capable of setting a national record was Dave himself and no one is going to run a competing match (I'm sure Dave would love to have someone else take that over.) We don't have to have the NRA's blessing to name a state champion, regardless of what the rules say. The shooters own this sport - not the NRA.

That said, MetalMisser's stupid complaints are ill-founded and based in his illiteracy. But because I'm a nice guy and I can read; I'm about to help him out:
MetalMisser wrote:THE REAL SOLUTION IS SIMPLE. Either do it the way the NRA and applicable state association have it set up or don't claim NRA approval.
Nowhere on the match program does Dave "claim NRA approval." He states that the match will be run and governed based on the NRA rules, but he doesn't say that the NRA has approved the match.
MetalMisser wrote:But if that association and the NRA have an agreement regarding competitions and other matters officially run under the NRA then the club and match director must comply with the NRA requirements IF the NRA is used in the promotion or program or for recognition of the winners, etc. and in the case of regionals for the fist, second, and third place medallions. Not difficult to understand.
Obviously the only thing difficult to understand for MetalMisser is the written English language - The NRA was not used to promote this match or used in the program, or to recognize the winners. Also, medallions were not awarded - those are for regionals only. The NRA was not even mentioned in the program other than to say that the NRA rules will be used and shooters in good standing with the NRA will be allowed to shoot.
MetalMisser wrote:IF you want to say your match is NRA approve or sanctioned for the prestige and credibility that means for a match and the promotion the NRA will give it in publications and the Internet, then you play by their rules. THE OTHER OPTION is to do it on your own without the NRA being linked to it in any manner (not as the false Colorado match was).
It's already been established that MetalMisser doesn't know what he's talking about, but since the NRA was not "linked" to this match, he doesn't have a valid point whether or not Dave registered this match.
MetalMisser wrote:It is not difficult-if you want NRA recognition-don't say you have it if you don't-that is a fraud or lie no matter how you look at it. If you want to run your own independent thing then no one is stopping you from doing that.
No one is stopping you but some idiot may create an account on SteelChickens and blast a match that he obviously doesn't understand without taking the time to have someone read him the match program and explain what all those funny little letters mean.

I don't know if this guy is Jim Schultz or not. I do know that in the 4.5 years I've been shooting, the only shooter that I've met and didn't like was Jim Schultz - and I know he has attacked Dave in the past before because Dave is the best shooter in CO and he's jealous. Whoever this person is, I hope this helps him understand that the shooters own the game of silhouette and it's doing just fine without his stupid input.

Dustin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dustinflint on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Just a few comments and it is all I will say.

First well put Dustin!!!!

Second I do not know, care, or care to know who this metalmisser is and hope to never know. Dave is one of the best ambassadors our sport has.

Third. It is my thinking that metalmisser has never been a match director and has never had to deal with the NRA or State Assotiation before because if he has he would not be ranting about this. Maybe he should attend some more matches or volunteer to be a match director to see what it is really about. Just because you can read the rules doesn't mean you know all the details.

Why does it always seem that no matter what a match director does it is never gonna please everyone. I think that he should step up and see what a match director goes through before running his mouth.

Just one question, Did he even shoot this match?
Mike Haynes
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

but I have a long trip and some things to do for a while, grind on. [/quote]

Misser, have a good trip, take your time. You might consider dry firing instead of posting in the future........

Jim
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

"A MEN" There always is one bad apple, who knows NOTHING. Roger, in WY, did you get my e-mail?
Jon Flora- Retired Match Director 2015
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Thanks Dustin for finding a copy of the match program. I have been digging for the program because I thought it said exactly that, in accordance with 'NRA Silhouette rules'.

dustinflint wrote:I just read the CO Smallbore Champ. match program that my FRIEND David Bonner emailed to me back in August. It is attached in case anyone else would like to read it. I'll start by saying that I don't know whether Dave registered this match as a State Championship with the NRA or with the CO state association. As I stated earlier, I don't care. ASSUMING that this MetalMisser goober is correct and the match was not registered with the NRA, there are two practical consequences: National records cannot be set; and, should another person come along and run a CO smallbore silhouette state championship and register it with the NRA and the state association, the association will likely have to crown the winner of that match the state champion (if the state association even keeps up with it). The bottom line is - likely the only person at the match capable of setting a national record was Dave himself and no one is going to run a competing match (I'm sure Dave would love to have someone else take that over.) We don't have to have the NRA's blessing to name a state champion, regardless of what the rules say. The shooters own this sport - not the NRA.

That said, MetalMisser's stupid complaints are ill-founded and based in his illiteracy. But because I'm a nice guy and I can read; I'm about to help him out:
MetalMisser wrote:THE REAL SOLUTION IS SIMPLE. Either do it the way the NRA and applicable state association have it set up or don't claim NRA approval.
Nowhere on the match program does Dave "claim NRA approval." He states that the match will be run and governed based on the NRA rules, but he doesn't say that the NRA has approved the match.
MetalMisser wrote:But if that association and the NRA have an agreement regarding competitions and other matters officially run under the NRA then the club and match director must comply with the NRA requirements IF the NRA is used in the promotion or program or for recognition of the winners, etc. and in the case of regionals for the fist, second, and third place medallions. Not difficult to understand.
Obviously the only thing difficult to understand for MetalMisser is the written English language - The NRA was not used to promote this match or used in the program, or to recognize the winners. Also, medallions were not awarded - those are for regionals only. The NRA was not even mentioned in the program other than to say that the NRA rules will be used and shooters in good standing with the NRA will be allowed to shoot.
MetalMisser wrote:IF you want to say your match is NRA approve or sanctioned for the prestige and credibility that means for a match and the promotion the NRA will give it in publications and the Internet, then you play by their rules. THE OTHER OPTION is to do it on your own without the NRA being linked to it in any manner (not as the false Colorado match was).
It's already been established that MetalMisser doesn't know what he's talking about, but since the NRA was not "linked" to this match, he doesn't have a valid point whether or not Dave registered this match.
MetalMisser wrote:It is not difficult-if you want NRA recognition-don't say you have it if you don't-that is a fraud or lie no matter how you look at it. If you want to run your own independent thing then no one is stopping you from doing that.
No one is stopping you but some idiot may create an account on SteelChickens and blast a match that he obviously doesn't understand without taking the time to have someone read him the match program and explain what all those funny little letters mean.

I don't know if this guy is Jim Schultz or not. I do know that in the 4.5 years I've been shooting, the only shooter that I've met and didn't like was Jim Schultz - and I know he has attacked Dave in the past before because Dave is the best shooter in CO and he's jealous. Whoever this person is, I hope this helps him understand that the shooters own the game of silhouette and it's doing just fine without his stupid input.

Dustin
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jim T.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Jim T. »

MetalMisser what exactly is your purpose for starting this thread? By now it should be clear to you that no one attending that match gives a shit about what you have posted here. Please go away.

On another subject, there is (was) a Leroy Wiler from Grand Junction which is the hometown of Jim Shults (not Schultz). This could be a coincidence or maybe of some significance. Maybe someone with access to Ancestry.com and find out if there are any links to Shults?

In any event, the article at the link below is just another illustration of what a douche bag this James Shults is:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/24/polic ... un-permit/
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

Misser, or whoever the hell you are, go away. You are boring.
Joaquin B