No smallbore silhouette match in Machias, WA in November

This is what we do.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

No smallbore silhouette match in Machias, WA in November

Post by Jason »

(Posting this same message in each applicable forum)

This is definitely a good news and bad news post...

I'll start with the good news. We're done with the construction of the massive new berm. As part of that, we're going to be able to shoot out to 200 meters instead of just 100 meters like before. Yes, we're already formulating plans for centerfire cowboy silhouette matches in the near future and we hope to resume the "long range smallbore silhouette" that's effectively a scaled-down version of the BPCR matches also. :D

Unfortunately, the bad news is that we had to move/remove some of our silhouette stand bases during the berm construction. I don't think we're going to be able to reconstruct them in time for the November match, so it's not going to happen. I'm hopeful for the December match, though, with one caveat.

If we decide that we can't fit the ram target bases in with the existing remnant of the 100 meter berm, we might cancel the December match and just rebuild all of the target stands to hold two rows of targets as well as move any dirt necessary to have berms directly behind the target stands for all animals. Both of these improvements would be big wins for the matches in the future, of course, as single row of targets and resulting lower shooter capacity along with the lack of berms immediately behind some of the smallbore animals are currently the only complaints that I've ever gotten about our silhouette matches.

We have another SRPA board meeting tonight to discuss this and other things. I'll know more after the board meeting tonight.