CZ 452

This is what we do.
wingnut
Unclassified Poster

CZ 452

Post by wingnut »

New to the forum and new to silhouette shooting. What is a CZ 452-2E ZKM Is it ok to get started.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: CZ 452

Post by frankmako »

yes it is good. you can use it for small bore and hunter small bore matches. get a good scope and find what ammo the guns like/groups.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

By good scope he means one with 1/4 minuet target knobs.
wingnut
Unclassified Poster

Post by wingnut »

It has a BSA sweet 22-3 9x40 on it, What does the 2E ZKM mean.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

a el paso weaver t-scope is what i use on all my rifles. got them in 1983.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

wingnut wrote:It has a BSA sweet 22-3 9x40 on it, What does the 2E ZKM mean.
Quoted from Rimfire Central:
ZKM series of rifles such as ZKM 451 - Model 1, ZKM 452- Model 2, ZKM 455- Model3, ZKM 456 - Model 4, ZKW, ZKK,ZH, ZP is original model designation of BRNO ARMS model of firearms. Zbrojovka Brno known also as Brno Arms had history of honoring weapon designer or designers to put their intials into model name.
First letter stand for Zbrojovka Brno, second and third are designers first intials. ( ZKM 452 is Z=Zbrojovka K= Mr.Koucky designer, M=Mr. Malek designer).
CZ adapted several Brno designed rifles ( ZKM, ZKK series) in late 70's but still using Brno Arms original designation ZKM series for marketing...Brno Arms legendary quality accuracy and reliability were allways superior over CZ's.
Cz's new models and new design and ZKM original series modification are marketed as CZ 452
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... ostcount=2
Allen Corneau
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Many of us started Silhouette with that same rifle. Do not skimp on optics. In Silhouette repeatable optics are more important than the rifle. Dustin Flint had a good post about suitable optics for Silhouette if you can find it.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

I should have mentioned that I'm running a CZ 452 Silhouette with a Weaver V-16 scope on BKL high rings. I got the 452 several months ago as an upgrade from my Ruger 10/22.

Other than some recent accuracy issues due to my poor cleaning habits, it's been great. I put in the DIP adjustable sear and a 2-pound trigger spring to clean up the trigger; added about 1/2 of padding to the comb for a better cheek/jaw hold; and added a Pachmyer rubber butt-pad for longer LOP and some grippyness. Other than getting into a custom stock for it I think it's good to go.

I'm an "A" shooter knocking on the "AA" door and I know the 452 is not what is holding me back.
Allen Corneau