Lilja barrels shooters....what contour

This is what we do.
Perdiguero
B Poster
B Poster

Lilja barrels shooters....what contour

Post by Perdiguero »

Those of you that shoot the Lilja in your 1710 or 1712..... what contour did you get, twist, length and #of groves.
100% satisfied or not? :?: :-??
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Lilja barrels shooters....what contour

Post by Bigfoot »

I'd shoot a pm (no pun intended) to Pete aka Loren Peter. He's put 3 lilja barrels on hp guns for me and recently put one on my 54-18 franken hunter. Depending on the stock you want to use he can steer you true.

**== :ymcowboy: **==
Res ipsa loquitur
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I have had 2 Lilja barrels on my HP rifles and have been very happy with both. I guess that doesn't answer much of your question.
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete »

We have had excellent results with the "Lilja" 22 RF, 16 twist tight bore. When building a Hunter class rifle I use the RF53 contour, they are .970" at the breach end which is slightly smaller then the receiver then taper to about .700 at the muzzle.
When barreling a 1700 series Anschutz I always thread the action.
Regards
Pete
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

I have one on my squirrel rifle that is an almost exact match to a 1712 factory barrel in profile. Not sure what the model number was, the smith ordered it. It might very well be the one Pete is talking about. I had it cut to 19" though so it is a little lighter than the factory barrel, works well for me for its intended purpose. It is also the most accurate rifle I have had; it is not cold barrel sensitive nor is not ammo picky. I wish I had one on every rifle.

The only downside is it is very ugly, the smith strongly preferred stainless for some reason. Mine is bead blasted and contrasts nicely to the blued finish on the receiver.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

My 1712 is wearing a Lilja RF53 barrel, just as Loren (Pete) mentioned, and it's great. I believe that's also what Evelio recommends.
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

I agree, the Lilja tight bore in a 53RF contour is the perfect size to replace the 1712 factory barrel.
Evelio.
Evelio
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

How much weight is added to the rifle with the 53RF contour barrel? My rifle with factory barrel come in at 8 lbs 3 oz. So I only have about 4 oz to add before I'd have to start hollowing out the stock..