Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Tennessee Smallbore match Locations?

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Where to shoot in TN?

Yes I looked at the official Map Page.
I know of Chattanooga Rifle Club.

Any others? More Specificly in Western or Central Tn?

( got to get used to pronouncing my "R"'s not aaaahhhs) :D
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Tennessee Smallbore match Locations?

Post by SqHunter »

Chattanooga is the only one in the state as far as I know. I am trying to build a range and want to hold an occasional match here, but having a hard time finding suitable target stands.

There used to be a fun match held in Jackson, but I have not been a member in 6 or 7 years so not sure if they still do. The closest regular NRA matches I am aware of are in Little Rock, AR and in North Carolina. There are no matches in KY and I think they closed down the Birmingham AL matches.
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Sounds like I need to find a club that wants to hold a match.
Got to wait till we are moved and settled.

Here are some target stand set up types. I made the page for the club I am a member of up here in Mass. to ponder.

http://havegun-willtravel.weebly.com/ta ... ideas.html

I don't mind building things. May have to create my own match range?

:D
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

so far for tennessee all you got is chattanooga. smallbore rifle, smallbore hunter rifle, smallbore cowboy, and cowboy pistol cartridge once a month. pistol cartridge will be three times this year. two hours away from chattanooga in north georgia at chatuge gun club you got the same matches as chattanooga, except they run the cowboy matches by themself. 1/2 hours away in birmingham, al you can get smallbore cowboy and cowboy pistol cartridge along with smallbore hunter pistol and hunter pistol. four hours away you can get smallbore and smallbore hunter rifle in asheville, nc. so we here in the chattanooga area can get matches at least three weekends each month during match season. not to bad and the drive times are not bad.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

I wish I lived in your area. CRC is 5 hours from me even though I now live in TN, and the rest are much further. Still better than KY though, it is a desert as far as rimfire shooting opportunities go.

A custom rifle and match ammo is nothing in price compared to travel and hotels :(