Magazine Base Plate Extensions?

This is what we do.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Magazine Base Plate Extensions?

Post by SqHunter »

Hello. I found a reference to a base plate for Anschutz magazines that was several years old, but their website is no longer active. Does anyone know if these are still available somewhere? I have a new Wooster stock and none of my magazines work with it.

Thanks!
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Magazine Base Plate Extensions?

Post by Jerry G »

I just epoxied a small piece of plastic on the bottom of mine. works great. You also can tweak the magazine and magazine well and then they will just fall out when you release them.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

How about some biathlon magazines from Nordic Marksman?
They look like the might work.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I have many suggestions. I too have a wooster stock, but my magazines work fine with it. I just work the mag release a few times and they fall out. I can't grab them, gravity pulls them out.

One guy that shoots with us in Missoula has a old school thumbtack, the ones with the plastic handles, in the base of his mags so he can pull them loose.

I have seen anschutz magazine extensions. Red base plate grab handles. They are for biathlon, and I know this place does anschutz biathlon stuff, you might ask them : http://www.altiusguns.com/index.php?PHP ... 9793d0591b

I got some mags from Loren Peters that were savage but retro fitted to anschutz. I had to file those base plates edges so they fit. Maybe this is all you need to do?
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
oldrifleman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by oldrifleman »

The ones from Nordic Marksman are great! I have several and they make extracting the magazine easier. I replaced the baseplate extension on my 54:18 MSR magazines (old red plastic Biathalon ones I suspect) and it added enough to make it much easier to get out, actually they will now fall out. One good and bad point though, they drop free due to extra weight, not much, but if you were on the edge, they could be too much.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look them up. I was not aware of Nordic Marksmen but it looks interesting.

I guess I should have been more specific: My magazines fall out fine they are just terribly hard to seat properly as they are too short. I might try attaching something myself, just hate to ruin a collection of 60$ magazines if something more professional is out there.

Thanks again.