Anschutz 1416 HB

This is what we do.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Anschutz 1416 HB

Post by thauglor »

Hi All,

I just received an Anschutz 1416 HB, it's in an adjustable stock so not built for silhouette, but the 1416 HB with what Anschutz calls the "medium" barrel is tapered, 22.3mm to 19.3mm at the muzzle, so it would be a legal rifle for hunter. Would just need to get the 5098 two stage upped to 2lbs by Neal at ISS and it would be good to go for silhouette. Not sure anyone was aware as I don't see the 1416 being discussed for silhouette much.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Anschutz 1416 HB

Post by acorneau »

I'm guessing most folks around here are aware the 1416 as an option for a silhouette rifle. From what I can tell it's in the second tier of silhouette rifle candidates (~$1,000), with the 1710 series being top tier (~$2,000+) and CZ's and the like in third tier ($500 or less).

I'm about six months in to using a CZ 452 for silhouette and I'm sure that when I'm ready to upgrade I'll step up to something like the 1416.

How about some pictures of your rig?

:)
Allen Corneau
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Here it is with a temporary scope until I get a front sight base.
2016-01-23 00.16.08.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I imagine that you are going to use it as a standard rifle, not a hunter rifle. The standard rifle does not have any restrictions on barrel taper. The cheek piece will have to be locked below the center line of the barrel similar to the 54MSR. I have no idea of the actual weight, but a standard rifle needs to be under 10 pounds 2 ounces. To be super specific, the rifle would have to fit into one of the magic size jigs. I think 2 exist on the planet, so you may never get tested unless you are at Ridgway or Raton at that level.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

ter wrote:I imagine that you are going to use it as a standard rifle, not a hunter rifle. The standard rifle does not have any restrictions on barrel taper. The cheek piece will have to be locked below the center line of the barrel similar to the 54MSR. I have no idea of the actual weight, but a standard rifle needs to be under 10 pounds 2 ounces. To be super specific, the rifle would have to fit into one of the magic size jigs. I think 2 exist on the planet, so you may never get tested unless you are at Ridgway or Raton at that level.
Thanks for the info but I know; I already have a standard rifle, this one is for position shooting, just waiting for a front sight base. I just was not aware there was a hunter rifle available between the cz452/455 and the Anschutz 1712. I was under the impression the 1416 was a no taper barrel, but it has a taper.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

For the price I would rather have the CZ455 with the option to quickly swap in a Lilja sporter barrel. They also make nice drop in triggers for the 455. All 3 rifles mentioned are very good options.