Shooting two guns

This is what we do.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Shooting two guns

Post by SqHunter »

DavidABQ wrote:You may be correct Old Man Ranger. I do have to say that I like the single rifle for two classes idea. It is much easier on my wallet to only have to buy a single Anschtuz instead of two.
It would be cheaper, but I bet it won't work out that way. I started out wanting one rifle to hunt with and to also shoot silhouette with in the off-season, but that didn't last long. Now I would buy every 54.18 made if I could. :D

Agree on the master class shooters. It seems like the ones that shoot perfect or near perfect scores could do it with anything. I watched a lady at the CRC state match one year, I think her name was Laura, and her position and control were so perfect that it could have been any rifle. She kicked our butts, and did it while being 7 months pregnant. Amazing!
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I would be interesting to see Old Man Ranger buy and modify two Ruger 10/22s identically with the exception being a heavy straight walled barrel for the standard rifle and compare the score between the two rifles over the course of an entire year or even better over two years.
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

SqHunter wrote:.....I watched a lady at the CRC state match one year, I think her name was Laura, and her position and control were so perfect that it could have been any rifle. She kicked our butts, and did it while being 7 months pregnant. Amazing!
Laura Goetsch, and yes she was awesome!
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

G'day All
I watched the Nicolas Berthelot from France take out the smallbore IMSSU World Title in 2002 using an out of the box Sako P94 hunter, standard skinny stock, lightweight factory barrel and 2lb factory trigger. By all accounts a rabbit rifle. I reckon a lot of people spend a lot of money trying to make up for a lack of skill. :wink:
P.S. Yes, Cathy was there. They tied in Agg.
Taps
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

The real benefit IMHO of having two rifles in HP is that you're not eating up your barrel. Small bore this sort of thing isn't a concern but with the big boomers you have a limited amount of good shots through a barrel.

So you're already in a good place using a bobcat as that's going to extend your barrel life vs a 260 rem or 7-08. Using less powder means less throat erosion.
Res ipsa loquitur