Stock ID

This is what we do.
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Stock ID

Post by SteveD »

I bought this stock and I'm curious what model of rifle it might have started out on. It has a deeper forearm than what I think of for a 54.18 MS(R) and is cut lower in the grip, actually below the top of the trigger guard. Thanks!
11.jpg
Yeah, it really is left handed shooter/right handed action from the Anschutz factory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SteveD on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Stock ID

Post by thauglor »

Would need a picture of the action inlet to see if it's for a 64 or 54 action.
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

I don't know much about Anschutz rifles. I am trying to find out what to ask for if I wanted to buy another stock like it. Please give me both models. That would be helpful and double my chances of finding one. Thanks
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete »

What you have there is a Anschutz 1407 standard rifle stock. It was made for 3 position shooting and was nicknamed the ISU stock. You can tell it was for the made for the old 1400 series because of the cut for the wing safety. Buy the looks of the stippling on the grip I'd say it was made around 1980. Nice stock!
Pete
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

Thanks Pete!

I did some Googleing. Are there variations of this stock or maybe it is a different model. Some of them look very much the same except that the grip hand cutout is not as deep as this one? I especially like how deep this one is cut.
udiablo
Unclassified Poster

Post by udiablo »

The wing safety slot indicates that it would be pre-transition 1407, so probably before early 1978, even with the stippling.

The "1607" transitions I've had were all about late '78 to mid-'79, and had the side safety and 5071 trigger.

Accordingly, the trigger inlet will probably be for an earlier trigger than the 5071 (no side safety on trigger).

Hope this helps.