Old Fort gun club Van Buren Arkansas

This is what we do.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Old Fort gun club Van Buren Arkansas

Post by glen ring »

Do any of you have contact information for the Smallbore Silhouette folks at The Old Fort Gun Club ? I have looked at their web sit and it's a mess. We have taken up smallbore silhouette and would like to know the dates, times and a contact to call for road/range conditions. We shoot CLA with James Slusher and he's always helpful, but we'd like to shoot smallbore silhouette.
Just Be Nice **==
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Old Fort gun club Van Buren Arkansas

Post by BCloninger »

Glen, our first match of the season is Saturday, April 2nd!
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Great !! Is smallbore silhouette and Cowboy silhouette shooting at the same time on the same range ??
Just Be Nice **==
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

glen ring wrote:Great !! Is smallbore silhouette and Cowboy silhouette shooting at the same time on the same range ??
Yes sir! Growth is a good problem for the club, but it has made it hard to reserve ranges. Come on down and we'll make Slusher move over!
- C.S. Lewis
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

How do you plan to run these matches? Simultaneously, or shoot one and then the other?

Thanks,
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Is the 1/5 scale, small bore silhouette match an NRA registered /approved match ?
Just Be Nice **==
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

In the past, Hunter Class was shot in the morning and Standard Class is shot in the afternoon. I plan to run the matches in that order.

The matches are not NRA sanctioned at this time, but I expect they will be. Shortly.
- C.S. Lewis
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Please drop me a line when they are NRA sanctioned / approved. I live three hours away and can't drive that far just to plink.
Just Be Nice **==
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

glen ring wrote:Please drop me a line when they are NRA sanctioned / approved. I live three hours away and can't drive that far just to plink.
Practice makes perfect... I'll announce it here when I have the paperwork.
- C.S. Lewis
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

I'm sorry, my question wasn't clear. What I'm wondering is, do you plan to run SB matches at the same time as the CLA are being shot. And if so, how that is going to be handled logistically.

Thanks,
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Bcloninger The Girl to talk to at the NRA Silhouette division is Shelly Cramer phone number 703-267-1459. One phone call or just do it on line. Five minutes of your time and a week later BOOM, you have an approved/sanctioned match.
Just Be Nice **==
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

lijeboy wrote:I'm sorry, my question wasn't clear. What I'm wondering is, do you plan to run SB matches at the same time as the CLA are being shot. And if so, how that is going to be handled logistically.

Thanks,
The match will run concurrently with Steel Challenge. Those shooting the SB Silhouette club match will be able to shoot on the same clock as the Steel Challenge folks, while those on the 1/5th scale will have a pause to synchronize between strings. Did I get it that time?
- C.S. Lewis
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

glen ring wrote:Bcloninger The Girl to talk to at the NRA Silhouette division is Shelly Cramer phone number 703-267-1459. One phone call or just do it on line. Five minutes of your time and a week later BOOM, you have an approved/sanctioned match.
Thanks for the tip, Glen! I'll make the call tomorrow.
- C.S. Lewis
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

BCloninger wrote:
lijeboy wrote:I'm sorry, my question wasn't clear. What I'm wondering is, do you plan to run SB matches at the same time as the CLA are being shot. And if so, how that is going to be handled logistically.

Thanks,
The match will run concurrently with Steel Challenge. Those shooting the SB Silhouette club match will be able to shoot on the same clock as the Steel Challenge folks, while those on the 1/5th scale will have a pause to synchronize between strings. Did I get it that time?

Not really, but your answer created more questions for my thick skull. My question was as to the Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette match that's run at the same time as you are going to run the Smallbore match. But now that the Steel Challenge is thrown into the mix I am very confused.

Are you proposing to run these three matches at the same time on the same range? If so, how, logistically, will that happen?

Thanks.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

lijeboy wrote:Are you proposing to run these three matches at the same time on the same range? If so, how, logistically, will that happen?

Thanks.
Try it this way: James Slusher will have his Hunter Pistol / Cowboy Rifle Silhouette match, and I will have smallbore Club Silhouette (1/3rd scale targets) and NRA Silhouette (1/5th scale targets), all at the same time. James and I are going back over it before the match to make sure we have the timing right.

Good question - you made me look and ask around, and we discovered an omission in the club calendar. James will have his Hunter Pistol / Cowboy Rifle Silhouette matches every first Saturday and Second Sunday of the month just like always, and they should show on the calendar soon.
- C.S. Lewis