Mid SouthMatch info? Venues still have matches?

This is what we do.
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Mid SouthMatch info? Venues still have matches?

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Looking for info, scouring the inter-webs. Either, not finding Smallbore matches in their calenders or not finding a website for the following.
Green river Gun club. Bowling Green, Ky

Brock's Gap Training Center. Hoover, Al

Magic City Gun Club. Pinson, Al

Anyone have good info weather or not these programs are still running?
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Mid SouthMatch info? Venues still have matches?

Post by Boyd L. »

Green River Gun Club hasn't hosted matches in seven of eight years. Too bad, it was a decent match ran by good people.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Magic City does not have NRA matches anymore. I understand there is a club south of Birmingham that has Cowboy matches, but I have not been to it personally.

If you are looking for matches in the South there are at least two clubs in GA that have NRA matches. Gator would be the one to ask about them.
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

I am out by Memphis, so Ga is a bit long for a one day trip.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

The Benton Gun Club has monthly NRA approved SB, HP & Cowboy matches. Check the website for dates.
bentongunclub.org

Greg Sullivan
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

We(Bent Tree Rifle and Pistol Club) host NRA approved Air Rifle matches just a few miles east of Jackson, Mississippi. Kind of a long drive for you from Memphis for a day match. I do not have enough room to run Smallbore. Smallbore at the public range here never took off. Our remaining Matches for 2016 are May 14, September 10, October 1, November 5 and December 3.
Winnsboro Gun Club in Winnsboro, LA. hosts Air Rifle and Smallbore the first Saturday of the month March through September. At one time there was a range in Corinth, MS. but I think they stopped holding matches.
Start holding matches in Memphis. We will drive up and shoot with you as much as possible.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Hotrodrockets wrote:I am out by Memphis, so Ga is a bit long for a one day trip.
Cool, most of my family are from Moscow and my father still has a cabin in Henderson. Small world! If you start matches in Memphis we will be there!

You need to check out the range in Benton, we went down for the regional and it was great. Watch the wind though!
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

brock's gap is doing cla smallbore and cla pistol cartridge matches along with hunter pistol and smallbore hunter pistol. it is on the first sat each month. they rotate the matches,, i.e. one month small bore cla and small bore hunter pistol. next month is cla pistol cartridge and hunter pistol. in the pistol they do both the scope/aim point and open sight matches. so you can shoot one rifle and two pistol matches each month. good matches each month and we go out for a late lunch after the match.

now if you want to drive a little northeast from brock's gap, chattanooga rifle club is shooting small bore and small bore hunter rifle on the third sat each month. also on the same day we shoot cla smallbore and cla pistol cartridge. so you can shoot four guns on the same day. we had 29 shooters last month. best match in the southeast.

also just a little more east of chattanooga the chatuga rifle club in north georgia shoots small bore and small bore hunter rifle on the fourth sat. we have around 15 plus shooter each match. every other month on the second sat they shoot the cla small bore and cla pistol cartridge matches.

the magic city club is not shooting nra matches this year. some of the guys at brock's gap told me they stopped and might have some type of silhouette fun match. but they did not know what type of fun match.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

If you start matches in Memphis we will be there!"

You start matches in Memphis and the Missouri folks will be there too.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Definitely Benton will be my regular. Chattanooga probably a few times this year.

I will look into getting something going in the Memphis or Jackson area. This area needs a Silhouette match for certain. Plenty of other types of competition and a deep talent pool of shooters to draw from.

I actually have room on my farm, but the 100meter range is only accessible by ATV. Air Rifle would be no problem. ( I would have to buy an Air Rifle....... good excuse?)

I will say it is nice to live in an area that is not unfriendly to gun owners. :)