MEC TRIGGER BLADE II FOR ANSCHUTZ

This is what we do.
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

MEC TRIGGER BLADE II FOR ANSCHUTZ

Post by Bigfoot »

So what does the peanut gallery think about the above referenced trigger blade?

I saw it on the champions choice page and even though it's a little spendy I thought it might be a nice upgrade from what I'm using currently on my 54-18 frankenhunter.

**== :ymcowboy:
~o) ~o) ~o)
Res ipsa loquitur
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: MEC TRIGGER BLADE II FOR ANSCHUTZ

Post by OldRanger »

Meh, tried something similar, didn't care for it. Ended up with Mark Pharrs' wide trigger shoe. Love it.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I tried to buy a wide trigger shoe from Mark a few months ago. He said he no longer sells them because the guy that was making them sold his CNC center. I would check with Evelio.
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

Common problem. I had a shoe on my 1712 that Marvin made but he's not making much these days.
Res ipsa loquitur
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Mr. Wooster reccomended a Briley for my 54.18, it is a little longer than normal and works well on the deeper stocks. It is comfortable to use.
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Bigfoot wrote:Common problem. I had a shoe on my 1712 that Marvin made but he's not making much these days.

Let me clarify that for you Mr. Bower. Marvin's not making much for silhouette shooters these days.

Besides, from what I have heard, Loren has picked up right where I left off and offering precision services.
1813benny
Unclassified Poster

Post by 1813benny »

Tec-hro makes a great trigger blade and your finger does not slip on this one.

http://www.10pt9.com/Rifle-Accessories/ ... r-p77.html
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

On most frankenhunters the contact area of the tec-hro would be too far forward unless the competitor had very long fingers. In other words the grip pull would be too long and they could not reach the trigger. If the action was inletted further back in the stock to decrease grip pull, you could not remove the bolt for cleaning without taking the action out of the stock because the bolt would hit the front of the comb. This is why most frankenhunters have trigger shoes that curve back. I could not find the above mentioned shoes on the Briley website. Can anybody provide a link?
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

I can't find the link either. The Briley is a straight blade made of some kind of light metal. It is longer than the factory Anschutz blade and slightly thin. Mine sets further back then the old Pharr versions. This is the best picture I can come up with at the moment.

I recommend contacting Mr. Wooster. I am not sure where he gets them but he supplied mine this past spring.
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

metalhead wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:Common problem. I had a shoe on my 1712 that Marvin made but he's not making much these days.

Let me clarify that for you Mr. Bower. Marvin's not making much for silhouette shooters these days.

Besides, from what I have heard, Loren has picked up right where I left off and offering precision services.
Thanks for the clarification sir! If you ever change your mind and want to get your rings (frankly, hands down the best I've ever seen!) out into the world, it would be my pleasure to set up an e-commerce website to sell them. If for no other reason than my own selfish one in being able to get access to them for any number of my rifles...Very best regards!

**== :ymcowboy: **==
Res ipsa loquitur
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

I had to replace my factory 5018 trigger with one from Mark Pharr (his last one)... Who else has these trigger shoes?

-Mark
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Is that the one piece with the hex connecting bar built in? If so thats what I shoot too. I have a freind here with a cnc machine and I'm going to see how hard it would be to scan it and reproduce it. It's a great trigger shoe.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

OldRanger wrote:Is that the one piece with the hex connecting bar built in? If so thats what I shoot too. I have a freind here with a cnc machine and I'm going to see how hard it would be to scan it and reproduce it. It's a great trigger shoe.
Negative. It is like the 5018 Trigger Shoe except it is offset to place the blade further back. I'll try and post images. I should have posted pictures of the comparison of the two shoes. I was too anxious to get the new shoe on so I can see if it feel better.

-Mark
-Mark
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

OldRanger wrote:Is that the one piece with the hex connecting bar built in? If so thats what I shoot too. I have a freind here with a cnc machine and I'm going to see how hard it would be to scan it and reproduce it. It's a great trigger shoe.
OldRanger,

Let me know if he is willing to make one. I would like to have a wider trigger.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

Good point David,

I like my wider trigger shoe, but I especially like the location of the trigger shoe now.

-Mark
-Mark