height of scope

This is what we do.
newpep
B Poster
B Poster

height of scope

Post by newpep »

In smallbore, from the dovetail of my CZ455, what is the limit for the height of my scope? If I measure from the dovetail to the center of my 1" tube? Is it different in Standard and Hunter?
Thanks
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: height of scope

Post by acorneau »

According to the rulebook...

Standard Rifle:
"Scopes may not be more than 2 inches above the rifle as measured from the top of the receiver to the underside of the scope tube, nor may the scope be offset from the top center line of the receiver."

Hunter Rifle:
"Scopes may not be more than 1.5 inches above the rifle, as measured from the top of the receiver to the underside of the scope tube, nor may the scope be offset from the centerline of the bore. Exception: for rifles that eject the empty cartridge case straight up and that normally use an offset scope, the scope may be offset."

On my CZ 452 I use the BKL medium rings with riser blocks which are supposed to make the scope exactly 1.45" off the dovetail.
Allen Corneau
newpep
B Poster
B Poster

Post by newpep »

I see the BKL-167 riser, on sale right now for $7.50 each. on http://www.bkltech.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=riser
Am I correct that this if what you use? They should work on my CZ455, right?
Thanks again
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

I use the BKL-181 risers with the BKL-257 rings, but I believe the ones you linked to are the same height.
Allen Corneau
newpep
B Poster
B Poster

Post by newpep »

Would I have to use the risers with BKL rings, or might I be able to use the rings I have now and just get the extra lift for my scope with the risers?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

As long as your present rings fit the CZ dovetail they should work with the BKL riser blocks (assuming the 1" length fits your rings).

Whether the combined height meets the requirements for Standard and/or Hunter Rifle is a different matter.
Allen Corneau
TDB
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TDB »

I have these BKL Rings and Risers for sale over on the market place.

For convenience, the model numbers are listed on the post.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11148

I also have a CZ 455. With the rings and risers, they will put the scope at 1.454 inches above the receiver - just under the 1.5 max rule for Hunter.

As mentioned, the rule is from the top of the receiver to the bottom of the scope. The top of the dovetail is the top of the receiver.