DavidABQ wrote:Ok, a short Philippine Shrek. \m/
:)) I guess it's better than being Donkey. 8-}
-Mark
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Smallbore Silhouette National first impressions

Post by DavidABQ »

I thought it was obvious I was Donkey? The star of the show!
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

DavidABQ wrote:I thought it was obvious I was Donkey? The star of the show!

Oh snap! Is that why I am your Avatar? I hope you're not a stalker. :shock:
-Mark
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

=)) =))
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

DavidABQ wrote:=)) =))

=)) =)) =)) :-B
-Mark
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Ahh Jason. I knew you couldn't make it . That's Ok laddy. We'll be at the nationals anyway. My definition of a stock rifle is moot to you because you won't be there so now that's that isn't it. Now good luck with them younguns and all that other stuff.

Dustin Flint is now a real man in my eyes and has given an old turd like me some badly needed motivation.

Onagainoffagain...Don't yawn too deeply. A man of your age may seize up and wake up talkin to St. Peter. Now I can see that these posts are a gittin to ya so meet me at the nationals with a stock gun...or not. I understand.

Gym more than once a day, a new pellet rifle and another case of ammo for my stock rifle.
Life is good...It's better with goals.

I'll see some of you at the nationals...or better yet come shoot our regional in September. We have one Pistol cartridge slot and four big bore slots...Small-bore is full.
Just Be Nice **==
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I'll be shooting in Van Buren Arkansas at the Old Fort Gun Club this weekend if any of you can make it to give me some pointers on this scope stuff.

Now I think I know what it's like being a young pretty girl.
I'm getting all this attention and looks from a bunch of old guys that can't do nothin anyhow.

Old Fort Gun Club this weekend. See you there.
Just Be Nice **==
Jim T.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Jim T. »

Hey Glen:

I understand that nothing much gets you motivated anymore, but I would suggest you get your hands on the book at the link below:

http://www.biblio.com/book/gun-digest-b ... aQodDwACrA

I think many good points have been made above to refute your desire to "dumb down" the more precision segments of metallic silhouette shooting. You seem to be comfortable competing in the CLA category and I wish you all the luck in that endeavor.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Thanks Jim.

I think I may already have that book. There are some good points and of course bad points to making a stock class simpler /cheaper and leaving things the way they are. I can certainly see it both ways.

I primarily read books and articles dealing with the psychology upper level competitors use in all sports. Golf, Pro- basketball and even the combat sports. I firmly believe that a match is won or lost before the first shot has been fired , taken or the first punch has been thrown in a combat sport.

I can tell you right now that I'm a couple of targets ahead of some of the shooters on this thread before I even step up to the line.

My time trash talking on the basketball court ( I still do it at 60 ) and on the mat occasionally come in handy.

If it's on kindle I'll certainly read it again. thank You
Just Be Nice **==
TURKEYSFEARME
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TURKEYSFEARME »

44 mag wrote:If you want to see better numbers just come to Ridgway next year. It is usually more than doubled. The best shooter wins in Ridgway not the weather. Mike Haynes
Amen to that brother,, although from what I just heard it may be the last national at Ridgway :cry:
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

TURKEYSFEARME wrote:
44 mag wrote:If you want to see better numbers just come to Ridgway next year. It is usually more than doubled. The best shooter wins in Ridgway not the weather. Mike Haynes
Amen to that brother,, although from what I just heard it may be the last national at Ridgway :cry:
Why not have a "Northern Nationals" or something like that? Nurture it into a major event like the Ironman event held every year.
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

[quote="glen ring"]

" I can tell you right now that I'm a couple of targets ahead of some of the shooters on this thread before I even step up to the line.

My time trash talking on the basketball court ( I still do it at 60 ) and on the mat occasionally come in handy."

^:)^ A legend in his own mind..............
TURKEYSFEARME
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TURKEYSFEARME »

DavidABQ wrote:
TURKEYSFEARME wrote:
Why not have a "Northern Nationals" or something like that? Nurture it into a major event like the Ironman event held every year.
I'm not sure if it's true or not but from what I heard, Barry Ranney with the NRA doesn't want nationals at Ridgway anymore. It's not a choice of the club.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I think you misunderstand my post. I am suggesting the Ridgeway Club to develop a large event much like the old "Southern Nationals" were. They, to the best of my knowledge, did not have a NRA National status but it drew a large number of shooters. It was a premier event like the Iron Man event. I used a twist on the old Southern Nationals event name as a possible name for a premier event at Ridgeway. The infrastructure is largely there to support the NRA Nationals, that infrastructure could be repurposed for a large regional event.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

David,

your new avatar suites you perfectly. Since you are the star of the show. :-j
-Mark