CZ 455 with a Timney vs Rifle Basix vs Yo Dave vs DIP ADJ Sear

This is what we do.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

CZ 455 with a Timney vs Rifle Basix vs Yo Dave vs DIP ADJ Sear

Post by kd5zmg »

Trying to get a feel for the owners of the Timney or Rifle Basix on their CZ 455.

What I am looking for is the comparison of these triggers to the OEM with a Yo Dave or factory trigger.

If you have both Timney and Rifle Basix, what is your opinion one over the other.

thanks!
Last edited by kd5zmg on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Mark
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: CZ 455 with a Timney vs Rifle Basix vs Yo Dave

Post by acorneau »

Sorry I can't be any help, but I went with the one option not on your list, the DIP adjustable sear. Mostly because the CZ-452 that I borrowed before buying mine had one and it seemed the best value between a whole trigger replacement (Timney, Rifle Basix) and the do-it-yourself gunsmithing of the YoDave kit.

Good luck with your research.
Allen Corneau
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: CZ 455 with a Timney vs Rifle Basix vs Yo Dave

Post by kd5zmg »

Thank you Allen. You are right, I did forget the DIP adjustable sear. Now that I have added, what are your thoughts on the feel? Is the break like a candy cane break? How does it compare to the OEM setup?
-Mark
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: CZ 455 with a Timney vs Rifle Basix vs Yo Dave vs DIP ADJ Sear

Post by acorneau »

Definitely a big step up from the factory trigger. You can adjust the creep right out without a lot of trial and error giving you a crisp one-stage trigger.

The only issue I had is the adjustment screw was slowly backing out (introducing more creep) after a few months of usage, but a dab of blue Loctite fixed that right up.
Allen Corneau
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

I was wondering if a DIP Adj Sear and Rifle Basix would work together. I keep hearing that it is overkill and that you only need one or the other.

Did you change out the trigger spring? What is your trigger pull weight now that you have the DIP?
-Mark
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

I've tried all variations of the cheaper bushing/spring fix for the trigger on the CZ's and finally went to a Timney. There's no comparison with a fully screw adjustable trigger mechanism over replacing springs and bushings.
ppkny
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

ppkny wrote:I've tried all variations of the cheaper bushing/spring fix for the trigger on the CZ's and finally went to a Timney. There's no comparison with a fully screw adjustable trigger mechanism over replacing springs and bushings.
ppkny
I am almost thinking the same thing with the Timney. Are you using your CZ for silhouette or varmint management or plinking? What is your average pull weight?
-Mark
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Kd5mgzxgteexbgdrjk,

Why not just sell the CZ and buy another Anschutz 1712 for Gary?

You can stop tinkering with that CZ and I am pretty sure Gary will like the 1712.
\m/
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

DavidABQ wrote:Kd5mgzxgteexbgdrjk,

Why not just sell the CZ and buy another Anschutz 1712 for Gary?

You can stop tinkering with that CZ and I am pretty sure Gary will like the 1712.
\m/
Because it is not for Gary you knucklehead. It is my backup rifle. It shoots pretty good, but it's not an Annie. I'll wait to buy another 1712 when I am done with school.

On another note, the CZ452 that Gary has is light on the trigger. It's the 452 varmint and the trigger weight is at best 2lbs 5oz with OEM spring, no creep. There is a Yo Dave Shim in that one. I think the only thing that Gary needs is a better scope.
-Mark
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Last edited by DavidABQ on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Mark, I'm using it as a backup for my silhouette gun and also as a loner for people we get that want to try silhouette. Also using it for our 50ft indoor postal league in the winter. All my triggers are set at 2.25 lbs. for consistency.
ppkny
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

kd5zmg wrote:Did you change out the trigger spring? What is your trigger pull weight now that you have the DIP?
I bought the DIP spring pack, swapped them out and adjusted the nut until I got just over two pounds. Can't remember which spring I ended up using to get it there though.

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.as ... 9&CAT=3600
Allen Corneau
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

ppkny wrote:Mark, I'm using it as a backup for my silhouette gun and also as a loner for people we get that want to try silhouette. Also using it for our 50ft indoor postal league in the winter. All my triggers are set at 2.25 lbs. for consistency.
ppkny
thank you. Good to know. I am close on the one I have on my Boyd's varmint with a 2.3lb average trigger pull weight. I have an evolution stock with a fluted barrel on a 455. That one is a fun gun, but the rigger could be nicer. Timney's are nice. :-bd
-Mark
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

acorneau wrote:
kd5zmg wrote:Did you change out the trigger spring? What is your trigger pull weight now that you have the DIP?
I bought the DIP spring pack, swapped them out and adjusted the nut until I got just over two pounds. Can't remember which spring I ended up using to get it there though.

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.as ... 9&CAT=3600
Allen,

I was thinking that the spring needed to be replaced, but what not entirely sure. thanks for clarifying that. I may put the DIP or Rifle Basix into the CZ 452 Scout for my youngest daughter.
-Mark
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

rimfire central has lots of good information on the cz 455 trigger. i have a 455 i use as backup gun to my 1712. the gun out of the box had a good trigger. it broke at around five pounds with no creep. i did the ace hardware spring job, clean up the sear area, and the trigger went to 2.5 pounds. later i got a timney trigger that is set at 2 pounds from the factory. dropped it in and never looked back. i tried/shot other 455/452 with the yo dave, rifle basis, and dip sear. they all do just as good. try the ace hardware spring change first. if that is not to your liking then spend the money for the timney.