Dry firing pin for anschutz 1808 msr

This is what we do.
jaja
B Poster
B Poster

Dry firing pin for anschutz 1808 msr

Post by jaja »

Does anyone have a manual for an Anschutz 1808 MSR? I'm trying to find a dry firing pin that would work in my rifle in an attempt to work out some of the bugs that I presently have in my shooting form. Typically, I can only knock down about half of the 40 smallbore silhouette targets. I think I could do a little better if I could see the kinds of mistakes I'm making ( and then try to correct them) by fry firing the gun. In any case, I don't have a manual to look up the correct part number. Any help locating a dry firing pin or the correct normal firing pin that I could shorten would be appreciated.
Last edited by jaja on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Dry firing pin for anschutz 1808 msr

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

JaJa
Check with Neal Stepp at ISS 817-595-2090, just get a regular firing pin and cut off an 1/8" of the front.
Evelio.
Evelio
jaja
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jaja »

Thanks Evelio,
Would you happen to know the correct part number for the firing pin? Also, does anyone know for sure if the firing pin in an Anschutz 54.18 MSR is the same as the firing pin in an Anschutz 1808 MSR? From what I've been able to gather the rifles are pretty much alike.
Jaja
Last edited by jaja on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

jaja wrote:... an attempt to work out some of the bugs that I presently have in my shooting form... I think I could do a little better if I could see the kinds of mistakes I'm making...
Dry firing is great practice (or so they tell me :oops: ) but shooting at paper targets can also be a great help to identify issues.

If you find that many of your missed shots are landing in a certain place (too high, low-left, etc.) then it can help you determine what's going on with your form.

Good luck.
Allen Corneau
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

JAJA
I am almost sure they are both the same, but to be really sure you need to talk to Neal Stepp he is the expert, and I know he will have the correct pin in stock.
Evelio.
Evelio