New 2013 Silhouette Rifle. Third of a kind.

This is what we do.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

New 2013 Silhouette Rifle. Third of a kind.

Post by Ghostofwar »

So, I got a really good deal on a Anschutz 2007/2013 BR. That's how this started. I couldn't pass up this deal, so the rifle came to live with me. Originally, I had decided this rifle would be a great way to test ammo and to push my shooting abilities from the bench. That quickly got boring.

It didn't take long to decide to swap out the stock and shoot it in Standard class. After some research and multiple phone calls, I decided on a McMillan Anschutz Silhouette stock. Of course they don't inlet for the 20xx action, so I shot Evelio an email to see if he would do the work. He agreed to do the work, so I ordered the stock. Fast foward about 9 months and the rifle is finished.

Evelio did a great job on fitting the action in the stock. We talked a bit about what trigger guard to use and how to secure the action to the stock. In the end, he decided to use the four bolts the BR stock uses instead of drilling and tapping the action for a two bolt set up. I don't know if this will make any difference in accuracy, but it looks pretty cool.

I've taken the rifle out to the range a couple of times and it shoots very well with the new stock. More testing will be required, but I have a feeling it will shoot great on paper at 100.

Now I just have to come up with a name for it. I kinda like 54 MS Squared or maybe 2054. I'm open to suggestions.
Last edited by Ghostofwar on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: 54 MS squared?

Post by Ghostofwar »

Oh, I can't forget to show off the other work Evelio did for me recently. I had him put a Lilja Rf53 barrel on my 1712. He did a great job on this rifle too. He had to remove a good bit of weight from the stock, but he got it under the Hunter rifle limit. Thanks Evelio for all the hard work you have done for me recently!

glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: 54 MS squared?

Post by glen ring »

Very cool
Just Be Nice **==
curmudgeon
B Poster
B Poster

Re: New 2013 Silhouette Rifle. Third of a kind.

Post by curmudgeon »

Both rifles look very nice!

Which rings do you have on both rifles?
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

I have BKL rings on the 2013 and More Accuracy rings on the 1712.
curmudgeon
B Poster
B Poster

Post by curmudgeon »

Ghostofwar wrote:I have BKL rings on the 2013 and More Accuracy rings on the 1712.
Thanks Ghost

I've been contemplating BKL risers for a while, but the Morr Accuracy silhouette rings sure look nice. Brownells has them on sale now too; of course I didn't know about the Morr rings when I placed my first order with them just last night

Dang!
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Hey Ghost... what does the 2013 Standard rifle weigh with it set up as pictured....?
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Ghost, is that designation RF53 stand for rimfire and is 53 a barrel contour?
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

kevinbear wrote:Ghost, is that designation RF53 stand for rimfire and is 53 a barrel contour?
Basically yes.

http://riflebarrels.com/wp-content/uploads/rf53.pdf

The rest of the contours can be found here.

http://riflebarrels.com/special-factory ... tour-list/
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

Merlin wrote:Hey Ghost... what does the 2013 Standard rifle weigh with it set up as pictured....?
I can't remember the exact weight at the moment, but I was to say it was around 9.5 pounds.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

Finally got these rifle out to the range for bench testing. Our club just finished up renovating our range, so I haven't gotten to shoot much lately...

The 2013 Silhouette rifle shoots pretty well.
This is a 10 shot group at 50 meters with SK Rifle Match. There is one "flyer" that opened the group up a bit, but it is still well within acceptable accuracy. Group measures 0.429"

This is the 1712 with the Lilja Barrel. SK Rifle Match. 10 shots. 50 meters. 0.401" group.

Anschutz 2013 McMillan Stock. 5 shots. 100 meters. SK Rifle Match. 0.431" Group.

Honestly I was pretty surprised by this group. The rifle shot under 0.4" at 100 yards (not meters) with the BR stock. I figured I would lose some accuracy from the bench with the new stock, but it's still shooting under a half inch. Now I can't blame the gun if I miss any animals. I'll just keep blaming the wind.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Very impressive! There goes any excuses for missing.