T/C contender

This is what we do.
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

T/C contender

Post by ChuckD »

Looking at a T/C contender Rifle with a 23" barrel. Always wanted one, but have yet to see one on the line or talked about for SB.
Ant thoughts on this?

Thanks
chuck
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: T/C contender

Post by DavidABQ »

I have a TC Carbine in .22 LR too and to be honest I don't think it would be accurate enough! You have piqued my interest; I need to grab it and a box of SK Rifle Match and see what sort of groups I can get out of it.
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

Accuracy not the issue, to slow of lock time.
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ChuckD »

Thanks Al, burst a bubble, but I should have figured that out!
thanks
chuck
Hal
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hal »

While Al is correct about the lock time, he neglected to mention the fun factor involved. A slow lock time has never been a problem for him. I had a custom stock made for my 23” 22 Contender for shooting SB standing only. I enjoyed it so much that I sold my 1712 account of the accuracy being the same and I just like to shoot the old single shot. If you had been at the 1992 HP Nationals you could of witnessed Al shooting his so called, slow lock time Pistol. What a blaster it was! A 10” Contender in 270-REN. Using a case full of H-110, that animal was throwing 10 foot plus fire balls out of the muzzle. I had the unfortunate position of being next to him for that match. The concussion was so bad that I had to wear ear plugs, ear muffs, and have my wife hold a clip board next to my head to block him out. I am here to tell you that lock time was not a factor for him then! Now… That was fun…… Ah…… The good old days…… What did you say? Can’t hear you……….
savagesnapper
B Poster
B Poster

Post by savagesnapper »

'jest for giggles, I am building a t/c old style contender rifle, 23" stainless barrel and stainless frame. I will use High Plains Gunstocks
"Pegasus thumbhole and Mannlicher fore end to leave 2'" barrel exposed at end. free float the fore end from the 2nd pillar bed mount screw. top off with Burris high nickel rings on silver anodized Weaver base, and finally either Mueller APV or Eradicator in silver of course. I have already installed a Bellm spring and honed all friction points on the action. the barrel locks up like a vault.
Check out the gallery on High Plains Gunstocks, Jacob Meyer does awesome work!
RBriscoe
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by RBriscoe »

Hal wrote:While Al is correct about the lock time, he neglected to mention the fun factor involved. A slow lock time has never been a problem for him. I had a custom stock made for my 23” 22 Contender for shooting SB standing only. I enjoyed it so much that I sold my 1712 account of the accuracy being the same and I just like to shoot the old single shot. If you had been at the 1992 HP Nationals you could of witnessed Al shooting his so called, slow lock time Pistol. What a blaster it was! A 10” Contender in 270-REN. Using a case full of H-110, that animal was throwing 10 foot plus fire balls out of the muzzle. I had the unfortunate position of being next to him for that match. The concussion was so bad that I had to wear ear plugs, ear muffs, and have my wife hold a clip board next to my head to block him out. I am here to tell you that lock time was not a factor for him then! Now… That was fun…… Ah…… The good old days…… What did you say? Can’t hear you……….
There's someone left using a Ren & H110? Yikes!
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

If you want slow lock time, go to a flint lock. It will help your follow through.