Single Shot Adaptor part 2

This is what we do.
Kujones
B Poster
B Poster

Single Shot Adaptor part 2

Post by Kujones »

Now that we've established its legality. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to using a single shot adaptor?
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Single Shot Adaptor part 2

Post by Doodaddy »

Kujones wrote:Now that we've established its legality. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to using a single shot adaptor?
Assuming the adapter is in line with the chamber for effortless feeding, the bullet's shape and condition should be better when being chambered single feeding rather than feeding from a magazine. The bullet is susceptible to shaving or reshaping during feeding from a magazine. The better bullet integrity should translate to a marginal accuracy advantage, but will not likely ever change the result of a score.

Advantages of not using a magazine for me would come down to two things: routine and rifle hold. Not having a magazine protruding down from the stock should free up hold options and hand placement. The routine of loading the rifle between each shot can help slow down the process and help prevent rushing through a bank (not unlike air rifle). That isn't necessarily an issue for everyone, but sometimes I may miss a shot and get angry subsequently rushing my next few shots or even rush shots because I was too confident from accidentally hitting a few in a row. :P

The disadvantages I can think of are time related. It takes longer to single feed a rifle rather than simply work a bolt, especially if the adapter isn't exactly where it should be. If the adapter isn't very wide, loading might turn into a balancing act plasing the cartridge on the adapter then chambering it which could lead to jamming which in turn turns into a time issue not to mention what frustration can do to heart rate.

I say try it out. Take the adapter out and go back to normal if you don't like it. You can't really lose experimenting with it.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ChuckD »

Where did you find a single shot adapter for a 455?

thanks
chuck
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Allen Corneau