2017 Smallbore Nationals?

This is what we do.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

2017 Smallbore Nationals?

Post by Ghostofwar »

I'm not seeing much info about this years Nationals. Who is going and what hotels are the best to stay at? Any other info that I should know? It's been a long time since I've been to Ridgway.

I still haven't signed up, I am guessing a google search will pull up the entry form?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: 2017 Smallbore Nationals?

Post by DavidABQ »

This forum has seemed awfully quiet. Maybe everyone is disappointed the the Nationals are not at the Whittington Center this year?
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Why should anyone be disappointed?
It's been every other year at Ridgway forever.
Last years attendance at Raton was the lowest anywhere.
One hotel in Ridgway,The Royal.
Nearby in ST. Mary's there are other name brand hotels.Dont wait.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

The entry form is on the Ridgway Club website. You can stay at the Royal Inn in Ridgway or in ST Marys PA. I would recommend the Royal. Has a great restaurant and only about 10 min from the club. Any other questions send me a pm.
Mike Haynes
SB Nationals Match Director.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Last year the NRA teased us with the possibility of the Nationals remaining at the Whittington Center. Some people may be disappointed that did not happen. :ymdevil:
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

The entry form is in Club house also. I bumped it to the top.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Thank you very much.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to this trip to the nationals. Raton is out of the question for me for the time being, so it will be nice to finally get back to Ridgway.

I will also agree that the whole forum seems to be very quiet lately. Where is everyone? Where is all the banter between rivals and friends? Do we need to refresh the discussion about silhouette dying?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Ghostofwar wrote:Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to this trip to the nationals. Raton is out of the question for me for the time being, so it will be nice to finally get back to Ridgway.

I will also agree that the whole forum seems to be very quiet lately. Where is everyone? Where is all the banter between rivals and friends? Do we need to refresh the discussion about silhouette dying?
I thought my comment about people disappointed Nationals were not at Raton would have prompted more comments of outrage and a selfishness on my part.

It went over like a lead balloon.

Believe it or not I am ok with the alternating locations. If gives me some time to use my meager resources for other firearm projects. Right now it It learning how to reload and slowly build an El Cheapo high powered silhouette rifle. I say El Cheapo because I am starting with a Remington 700, one of the cheap plastic stocked models.

The years opposite Nationals at Raton also allow me to visit a state championship or two nearby.

Yeah, alternating between here and there works well for me.
45bpcr
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 45bpcr »

Here you go.
Be retro, print them out and mail them in.

Small bore.

http://www.ridgwayrifleclub.com/High%20 ... %20New.pdf

High Power.

http://www.ridgwayrifleclub.com/High%20 ... %20New.pdf

Craig
Live Free Or Die
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

David
I hope the Small bore and High power Silhouette nationals set record attendance at Pennsylvania.
If the sport does much better than at Raton , I say it should stay there forever. The turnout at Raton last year seemed dismal.

I hope lever action silhouette and BPCR stay at Raton forever.
Just Be Nice **==
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

glen ring wrote:David
I hope the Small bore and High power Silhouette nationals set record attendance at Pennsylvania.
If the sport does much better than at Raton , I say it should stay there forever. The turnout at Raton last year seemed dismal.

I hope lever action silhouette and BPCR stay at Raton forever.
I don't think anything should stay anywhere forever. Moving them around builds interest from more local people. As a matter of fact I think they should make a concerted effort to recruit clubs to have them in the Northwest, Southwest, Northeast and Southeast. I'm positive we could find good clubs to do this if they dropped the stupid requirements of 10 banks for both HP and SB. I saw 100 people shoot on 5 banks (smallbore) a couple weekends ago at Pe ell and I was on the road at 4:30 on sunday. So 10 banks, while nice, shouldn't be a requirement.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

This is good! We are getting more traffic on the board.

It is not the crowds with torches and pitchforks I thought would happen but this is good!

By taking this year off I get to use my meager resources to start my a mature career as a reloaded and put together a High Powered plinking rifle. I hope it will double as a silhouette rifle some day.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

I've never understood the dislike for Raton, I love the high mountain desert range.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Kevin I also love Raton. Wish I lived much closer than I do.(2 1/2 day drive) But for me even Ridgway is a long trip. (12hour drive)
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member