So why the new forum?

This is what we do.
Shooter

So why the new forum?

Post by Shooter »

So why the new forum? Is there bad blood or something? I noticed that graybeard had deleted the post with the link to this forum. I wouldn't mind seeing a new forum, especially one that is not run with a heavy fist. Just wondering.

Shooter
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Will not pretend to speak for the other silhouette shooters, but has something to do with the 1st amendment and the absolute right of persons of age to have their say, in whatever way that does not infringe on the right of free speach.......I haven't been slapped on the palms with a ruler since the 3rd grade and I didnt' like it then, and sure don't like it now. Man this may be the first post to be deleted. Sorry guys, but after you've been critized, shot at and then some, speaking your mind in a public forum is a lot of fun.

Nothing against the other forum, but his sport is made up of diverse personalities and one of it's great features is the right of everyone to be himself/herself, whichever the case may be....... But that may be the Vodka talking, if so please disregard...........
Commander in Chief, F Troop
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I _will_ speak for steelchickens.com. No bad blood here. We simply received enough requests for a forum that it became obvious there was a desire and it would be well attended. As for running it with a heavy hand... that isn't really our style.
Enjoy.

Post by Guest »

I wouldn't want to speak for Graybeard but he may have felt that he didn't have to put up with his time and effort being used to advertise a competitor.
As for the heavy hand, I'm no expert on the net..I only frequent a shooting site or two...but you quickly see how easy it is for people to get furious about nothing when trading messages by keyboard. Throw in a troll who amuses himself by stirring things up and you have a situation that quickly destroys forums. Sounds silly ("If you don't like it, don't read it,") but it's true. It happened at the old ShootersTalk board...the "moderators" ignored idiots threatening to kill each other, it got out of hand and people trying to exchange information got disgusted and quit signing on. Graybeard keeps a tight lid on to protect his forum. It's his property and he has every right to run it his way. There ain't no First Amendment right to use someone's forum to trade insults.
All that having been said I'm glad to see a dedicated silhouette forum and have only good wishes for its success.
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

The "Guest" post above is mine. Guess I hadn't logged in. I told you I was new at this stuff. ajj, Little Rock.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

ajj,

I agree up until greybeard sent me a PM and informed me that I was spamming his site, trying to steal his customers and had I not been a long time member, my account would have been deleted. If you read the Terms of Agreement(TOA) that outline your rights and rule to use the forum, this in no way was a spam and it was stated in the TOA that anything that was in context and pertained to the forum could be referanced, then he proceed to delete the post and call me on the carpet. I have no problem with him running his site his way but he was the one to create and implement his TOA, then to manipulate it to his own whims. We have all promoted his site and done business with his sponsors, to only be treated as a cur or a small child, this I suppose is the tight lid or heavy hand. I was only trying to inform fellow silhouette shooters of a new forum, nothing more or less.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

Dawg: No problem here. Certainly, your post was not spam and the more good silhouette sites, the better for all, seems to me. I can just imagine that Graybeard, being very protective of his site and I suppose running it as a business venture, wouldn't see it that way. I didn't mean that you had done anything out of line, quite the contrary. Steering silhouette shooters to a dedicated site is a service to the community. Graybeard can indeed be heavy handed and I'm sure he feels free to interpret his rules his way. On his site, I figure both attitudes are his right. It's our right to log in or not where and when we please.
Nobody wants to be treated as a child, but a cur? Thought that would have been a compliment. (Smiling here, buddy, just being a smartass, nomesain?)
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

ajj,

I thru that cur part in for your amusement and yes it is a complement around here, I know without your vast knowledge and clairovoyant insight we of lesser vonacular and attributes would be........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ........I just can't keep a straight face.

Oh great one I digress and am amused so easily.

Have a great Thanksgiving AJJ, we all are truely blessed.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

I just don't like the forum setup. I don't think it could be any more confusing or overwhelming. Tries to stuff everything under one tent. He has like 13 sections holding 200 forums - :shock:
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

To all,

E-mail you silhuoette bud's and let them know of this site, the more the....funner....drunker.....arguminitive.....no, no I got it marrier.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Hey, we are not discriminating against the SteelPigs, SteelTurkeys & the SteelRams are we. We need to be P.C. you know
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

I thought you were my buds? :cry:
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Well that proves it, this will be a great forum for us a PC correct Limey and a case of hurt feelings all before lunch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does it get any better?

God Bless the USA

Dawg
gunbits
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gunbits »

I agree - I think we're onto sump'thin. 8)

And you're right - it is still before lunch and I haven't had my first pint - I swear I'd forget my arse if it weren't firmly attached (and boy, is it attached yet hardly firm).
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

I think I've been accused of pontificating. If I was just a little smarter I'd get offended and threaten to kill somebody's dog.