Range rifle cart

This is what we do.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Range rifle cart

Post by Bob259 »

DavidABQ wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:47 pm Why not just hire someone to carry your rifles for you? Think of them as a rifle caddy like in golf.
I tried to get JerryG to do that, but he's so short they drag on the ground. Damn Lepricon's anyway =)) =))
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

atomicbrh wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:27 am Never mount an umbrella on your buggy. Mark Pharr learned why at Raton in 2007.
That is awesome! I can visualize Mary Poppins...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Bob259 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:20 pm
DavidABQ wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:47 pm Why not just hire someone to carry your rifles for you? Think of them as a rifle caddy like in golf.
I tried to get JerryG to do that, but he's so short they drag on the ground. Damn Lepricon's anyway =)) =))
You just need to find someone else who is over the age of 12 to carry them.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I have always wondered if the vertical position "rugged cart" brand would work with the large, high mounted scopes we use in silhouette?
Would there be enough clearance between the rifle and the back of the rugged cart for the scope?
Nobody had a rugged cart close enough to us that I could look at one and I did not want to take that gamble.

http://www.ruggedgear.com/index.cfm/pag ... /cat76.htm

Also, the top bracket on the rugged cart looks like it would be much too low to hold a scoped silhouette rifle.
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dscak1 »

I use the rugged card, 3 gun version, with the rifles in the verticle position. It works fine. The top bracket holds the scope in with a velcro strap. I have, however, had some issues with the wheels and had to replace one. Dan
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

One more size transition upward from the 4 gun Rugged cart is a Volkswagon....... :))

Allow a "dead area" with no parking next to the shooting area/line and use whatever you wish to carry your guns. Just keep the line clear of anything that impedes pedestrian traffic and keep the flow moving during the matches.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

I like the one that the guy was making in Texas. Unfortunately he stopped making them when I was looking.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I'll get you Bob. :ymdevil:
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

The carts we build and use are light, small and have a small footprint. They cannot hold over two rifles, one range bag, one water bottle and the vests. Nothing protrudes outside of the main frame of the buggy. You folks must be thinking of those "cowboy action monstrosities". I saw one that looked like a little stagecoach and another one that looked like a wood casket on wheels with a hinged lid. No wonder those shooters look exhausted at the end of the day.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

We use one of those do all three wheel carts. The muzzles are pointed down because of the design. We tried walking around with them up ( my preferred position ) but the angle leaves the business end pointed at us and most shooters walking by.
We try to move in a timely manner and find the carts very handy for carrying two rifles, two range bags and water .

When we are running matches we never have problems with carts moving in a timely manner, we have problems with folks clearing the line when we yell cease fire and remove your rifles from the line..three times. Some folks want to stand and jaw jack with their rifles on the line holding up the process.
Just Be Nice **==
savagesnapper
B Poster
B Poster

Post by savagesnapper »

Thanks to all you guys out there for your input! Very helpful,I see that some guys carry their rifles in their carts with the muzzles up and some carry them muzzles down down. I totally understand how someone could be freaked out walking by a cart and looking at a rifle bore or two sticking straight up,vertical,even if there is bright green fishing line down the bore. I am basically building this cart as an aid for me and my competitor wife when we go to Phoenix for the state smallbore match.So,thereafter, I probably won't use it again until we go to such a large venue as Phoenix again, which won't be frequent as I live in ABQ So, if anybody from Hassayampa club would care to advise me as to what is common for the rifle carts they use on their concourse so when I show up in September there will be little to no difference of opinion for safety concerns from other contestants. And yes, :-! the people from Hassayampa gun club are some of the nicest people, and I want to make a good impression for concern for safety .
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Dscak1 shoots in Phoenix when he is in town, and a few others that shoot at Hassayampa have carts with the barrels pointed up.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I can't imagine a cart at our matches. Iron man is pretty packed as it is, there really wouldn't be room for carts. However at Raton I wished I had one. Long distance, crappy racks and no racks under cover when it starts to rain. Ah well, send us a picture of your new gun buggy when you get it done.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.