New Shooter Classification

This is what we do.
jbzeus
B Poster
B Poster

New Shooter Classification

Post by jbzeus »

Hello all.

I shot a match this last weekend. (First match ever) Since I started brand new practicing in April I am not classified so I shot in the master class. No complaints about that.

I shot a 22 of the first 40 and a 16 the second 40. I received my book back that I purchased at the match and it appears I am classified as a AA. Is that because one of my scores was a AA even though the other one wasn't? Just trying to understand this classification thing......

Thanks,
Jeff
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: New Shooter Classification

Post by acorneau »

Classifications for Standard rifle and Hunter rifle are separate from each other. I'm AA in Standard and AAA in Hunter.

Most likely your club match was run Standard rifle first 40-shot match, Hunter rifle the second. That's why your book should reflect AA for Standard and A for Hunter.

Lastly, congratulations on shooting your first match and welcome to the silhouette club!
Last edited by acorneau on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allen Corneau
jbzeus
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jbzeus »

Thanks Allen!

Actually what they did was shoot 40 shots hunter then we pulled off the line. Then the standard class shot. We took about a 15 min break then repeated. So, I shot all hunter.

I shot one A score and one AA score but classified after 80 shots as AA.

Yea, I'm hooked...

Jeff
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Welcome to silhouette shooting! I got hooked a few years ago too. I believe your classification comes from the first match, so that is why the AS. That is good shooting.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Yup, your first score is your class. Well done shooting a AA your first time at an official match!
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Welcome to the "addiction"! :-bd
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

There isn't any known cure nor rehabilitation, and we fo sho ain't looking for either.
Ya just gotta feed the addiction. Good luck with that part.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
jbzeus
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jbzeus »

Yea, I am addicted. That darn Evelio is going to cost me some more money. =))
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

The general public just can't help themselves we I talk about money spent on a 22 rifle and so on. They look at me funny and say I'm crazy.
I ask them do they have a bass boat, a golf cart and clubs, and then I'll ask them how much does their mistress cost?
They get quite real quick.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Silhouette equipment is the best bargain in all of the different hobbies and sports.
A good silhouette rifle can be shot every day, last through multiple generations of your family and if taken care of properly sell after many generations of use for probably more than you originally paid for it. Of course, centerfire barrels wear out quicker but that is the only aspect out of all of silhouette that wears our fairly quickly.
Every part on a silhouette rifle that can wear out is easily replaceable. Buy quality optics and those optics all have lifetime warranties.
Name equipment in any other sport or hobby that you can say that about.

The general public is not very smart. They look at high initial cost and not what the running costs of a hobby are going to be.
Silhouette shooting is worth spending a reasonable amount of money on because it does a person so much good in so many ways: physically and mentally.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Have you ever priced out a new snow machine? Not to mention the gas and oil they burn. Mine got 10 MPG and I would ride 60 or 70 miles every time I went out. How many 1712's can you buy for $12k?
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Jerry G wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:36 pm Have you ever priced out a new snow machine? Not to mention the gas and oil they burn. Mine got 10 MPG and I would ride 60 or 70 miles every time I went out. How many 1712's can you buy for $12k?
:-bd You got it Jerry, plus it's damn cold in the snow :D
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)