I have learned.....

This is what we do.
p14shooter
B Poster
B Poster

I have learned.....

Post by p14shooter »

.....From reading here that using paper on the back of a swinging target when you do not have a berm behind is great. Although I have only played around with it over the last couple years, using that backing paper this year definitely helps

.....again that it is hard to get people excited here. I have put out notice that I am holding discovery session for rimfire rifle and I have only had 3 responses from the 4000 or so people the email lists reach in 2 weeks. I hope that improves.

.....that you really do shoot hg at 100m. Cripes. I have a hard time holding a 9 in group at 20yrds. To my benefit though, I only shoot that a couple times a year.

.....2/10 is a good day.

I do hope I get a better turnout for this discover session I am having and have some positive stuff to reply on later.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: I have learned.....

Post by Merlin »

During the Daylight Savings period this past winter when the sun goes down early here in Texas we all got together and shot paper animal 1/2 sized targets on backer plastic which we placed/clamped to the racks which normally hold the metallic targets. We used a single target, numbered and allotted to each person, at each distance and shot 2 strings of 10 shots each at the same target before moving positions. (this allowed us to basically shot 2 - 40 shots matches in a very time efficient manner - about 45 minutes). Once we had our turn at the 4 stations we went downrange, gathered the targets and brought them back to the line where hits inside the paper animal were counted for score. While this shooting does not give the clang and bang and satisfaction of a falling steel it does allow some fun and good practice. Actually this Really helped me as it lets me see where my shots were truly going without having to count on or depend on a spotter to get feedback. 40 shots on each animal will certainly let you know where you are shooting and I found that what I thought were the proper sight settings had considerable room for improvement on 3 of the 4 animals...

If you just want to see how well you might do shooting a silhouette match this is an easy way to do so and it might let you gauge interest in having a silhouette match without spending the $$$ for steel targets....

What we were shooting was iron sight lever action 22s. The same would be true for any other class of silhouette though....
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer