Boyd's Evolution thumbhole

This is what we do.
savagesnapper
B Poster
B Poster

Boyd's Evolution thumbhole

Post by savagesnapper »

Hi to all! Question, has anybody ever been told that the Boyds Evolution stock on the Savage Mark 2 is not quite within the guidelines of the rule book due to fore end length? Spec( min 8" from edge of forward rec ring) Or, should I not be concerned. Thanks for any and all replies!
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Boyd's Evolution thumbhole

Post by acorneau »

What does it measure as-is? Practically-speaking, most clubs won't care if a rifle is slightly out of spec. Some won't care if it's not even close!

Where you'll start to get "audited" will be the larger state, regional, and national matches, then things have to be in-spec or you will (probably) get disqualified.

Also, because the Evolution is a thumbhole stock it does not qualify for Hunter rifle, only Standard rifle. Just in case you weren't aware.
Allen Corneau
savagesnapper
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Boyd's Evolution thumbhole

Post by savagesnapper »

Thank you for your input,I failed to get that information.then actually it is 8 inches exactly from the tip of the fore end to the backside of the barrel breach, so I guess technically it is ok. I guess it just depends on what the interpretation is of "edge of receiver ring"