Is this the ugliest Silhouette rifle ever?

This is what we do.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Is this the ugliest Silhouette rifle ever?

Post by dustinflint »

Jerry Tureau showed up to our match this morning with this hideous monstrosity. While it's nothing new to see Jerry with an ugly rifle, this one made us wonder whether it is possibly the ugliest Silhouette rifle ever.

The lack of aesthetics on this beast is only surpassed by its lack of ergonomics. I tried to hold the rifle but there is so much Bondo inside the thumbhole that a normal hand won't fit around the pistol grip. It is optimized for a shooter with only half a trigger finger. Jerry obviously attempted to use this as a chin gun back in the day because the cheekpiece is squared off so much that only a pumpkin-shaped head like Jerry's will fit comfortably.

The stock appears to have once been involved in a bad car accident and then possibly buried under a sewerage treatment plant in New Orleans during Katrina. It looks to have been painted as part of a demented kindergartner's art experiment. Speaking of demented experiments, whichever Frankenstein apprentice that did the gunsmithing somehow fitted an Anschutz 5018 trigger to the Remington action and elongated the tang under the bolt for some reason.

It's topped with a Tureau-special Tasco World Class scope boosted to 60X with optical clarity roughly equal to looking through a layer of skim milk. The stickers on the scope are filled with Tureauglyphics optimally codified to prevent information leaks should the rifle fall into the hands of the federal government.

In person, the overall effect of the rifle can best be described as queasy with a touch of yuck. We'd like to hear from the rest of the world - is this the ugliest Silhouette rifle you've ever seen or is there an even uglier troll lurking in someone's gun safe somewhere?

Merry Christmas!

Dustin
IMG_2909.JPG
IMG_2908.JPG
IMG_2907.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Is this the ugliest Silhouette rifle ever?

Post by Pete »

Dustin,
I agree with you on all your points, that is the ugliest gun I have ever seen but I am very great full that my friend Jerry is still able to shoot it.
Merry Christmas to all!
Pete
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Was this an intentional act of some god awful vision while sitting on the Throne?
It has my vote. But I cannot hep but be curious. What was his score?
And who made that stock anyway?
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

dhatch wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:53 pm I cannot hep but be curious. What was his score?
He actually shot his 54.18 MSR. He didn't have sight settings for the blue eel yet. He shot a good score but his spotter still beat him :D

Dustin
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

I showed those pictures to a stray dog in our neighborhood and what he said mirrors my sentiments exactly... "RUFF"!

=))
Allen Corneau
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

I hope he doesn't go into production with that style. He could put me out of business. Or maybe I can buy one and start making them. Looks like it would make a real good bumper jack handle. :-bd
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I agree that it was not the best looking stock on the line today. You know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What doesn't look good to one person, might look real good to someone else. Jerry would not have any problem finding his rifle on the firing line. It is for sure a one of a kind custom stock design.

Dustin, I have to side with Jerry on this one. If I had to make a choice between the rifle with best looking stock that was not accurate or the rifle with the ugliest stock that could out shoot every other rifle, I would take the most accurate rifle, even if it was mounted in the ugliest stock.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I want it. I've been punishing myself ever since 1966 when I lied to the Army to get an early out. No one deserves the misery of that thing more than me. Is it for sale?
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

I think it may be the ugliest one i have seen. But from Jerry it does not surprise me. But that thing he brought to the Nationals this year runs a close 2nd.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I guess you guys don't remember the 2x4 gun that showed up at the nationals or some of Dennis' early guns. But that blue thing sure is ugly.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Tureau is a one of a kind. It takes a strong will to find a way to still shoot with only part of a finger and all those screws and plates in his neck. Jerry is an inspiration to all of us to overcome whatever difficulties we may have and shoot.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

It is said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Behold a Tureau-ism! I love Jerry and love that rifle! :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Boy, that is a "special" looking rifle. x_x
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hawkeye7br »

Best example ever that demonstrates the difference between "Hand-made" vs. "Home-made". [-x
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Not pleasing to the eye? Perhaps.
But how does it shoot?

Asks the guy with plenty of ugly rifles...
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society