EEEKKK!!! 1712fwt from Champion's Choice for real, or not?

This is what we do.
Diamond Paul
B Poster
B Poster

EEEKKK!!! 1712fwt from Champion's Choice for real, or not?

Post by Diamond Paul »

:shock: :shock: Wow, was I surprised to read one of the replies in the thread about "Which .22 for silhouette," about the 1712fwt. Are you telling me that the one Champion's Choice is selling is not actually produced by Anschutz? They are just taking the barreled action out of the wood stock and bedding it in the McMillan? Is that what I read? I ask this because I just ordered one, with what appears to be a really cool tan and green stock, with the 2-stage trigger, for what seemed a pretty good price to me (and, believe me, I have done some serious researching on this matter). Anyone care to comment on the quality of the bedding jobs coming out of CC? Am I just being paranoid here? I am getting a real model offered by Anschutz, am I not? By the way, which rings and bases will I need to mount a B&L 6-24 and keep it at 1.5" above the receiver? Also, I'd like the total gun weight to be just a gnat's ass below legal allowable (in regards to rings and bases).
"Learn to shoot on your hind legs, like a man."

Relax

Post by Guest »

Relax grasshopper.... People would not drive from surrounding states and order from all over the country to buy from Homer if there were not a reason. This will not be his first time at the rodeo, you will be pleased. I have only actually owned 1 rifle in the mcmillian bedded by CC but the work was on par with other work I have had done. Not real sure what difference it would make if the rifle left Germany with the stock in the box or not, you now have purchased "Customer" support with your rig.

Relax and start thinking on the important things, such as contacting Marv and getting the bad ass rings and base w/ slope built in by a craftsman. I FINALLY got my sheyot together and getting my order in this week. Wait till you have your rifle and affix the scope to the top of it until you have found the height you want, then call Marv with your order!

Forgot to add..

Post by Guest »

Last post was by me....

Chicken
Diamond Paul
B Poster
B Poster

Another newbie shows his ignorance.

Post by Diamond Paul »

Anonymous wrote:Last post was by me....

Chicken
Well, that's a relief. I figured it was the real deal, but I thought that Anschutz shipped 'em that way. Another newbie shows his a.. I guess. After reading all the posts I could digest in the past month or so, I figured it was better to go all the way than chase good money with bad. I really love these forums; never knew there was so much info (at times, maybe too much for my own good?) available at my fingertips. Ya'll keep helping us dumb hillbillies out, please. Thanks, Paul. :oops: :oops:
Diamond Paul
B Poster
B Poster

I've been in touch with the MAN.

Post by Diamond Paul »

I have indeed contacted Marv. :D
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Wonder if I could get a barreled action like that and get Mark Pharr to bed it into one of his silhouette stocks for split finger holds... Hmmm... :)
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Custom made....

Post by Jetmugg »

If you do a search, or check a few posts down (I believe it's in "Which .22 for Silhouette), there is someone selling the barrelled actions for something like $900. Then Mark or Marvin can build a complete rifle from that, saving you money over buying a complete rifle, only to have it re-stocked.

SteveM.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

With such a long wait time from Mark, I was thinking about doing just that and getting Marvin to build the rifle. The more I think about it, though, the more I might want to see if I can get just the action and trigger without the barrel, so that I can go ahead and put on a top quality barrel, too. I don't know what Marvin's workload is right now and I'm only a little over halfway to the amount of cash that such a project would cost, but if I'm going to upgrade my gun, I might as well do it right the first time.
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

THe real question here

Post by GeoNLR »

Paul,

The real question here is are you willing to take that short 3 hour drive up 71 to I-30 east and head to Bryant, AR on the 18th of March for our regional match?

$40 entry for (1) standard rifle 60 shot match and (1) hunter rifle 60 shot match followed by an included BBQ dinner?

Sing up and information can be found here....

http://home.comcast.net/~fbray11/
Image Chicken George
Diamond Paul
B Poster
B Poster

I will take the drive.

Post by Diamond Paul »

I have put it on my calendar; unless my wife gets held up on her trip, she will be back Friday the 17th, so I won't be able to come till Saturday morning, but I am determined to come and shoot. Alston is helping me sign up, since my printer won't print the entry form. If all goes well, I'll even have my new rifle ready by then. :D
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

You are the man

Post by GeoNLR »

You are the man!

Hope to see you then,

Chicken
Image Chicken George