Hooked another one today

This is what we do.
mountainman308
B Poster
B Poster

Hooked another one today

Post by mountainman308 »

I took an old friend out to the farm today for some range time. Started with casual plinking at paper. Then put up some of the regulation SB silhouettes as challenge targets. Then moved him from bench to standing. Then I told him he just took out 4 pigs at standard distance with an off the rack rifle he could afford, and we compete every 2nd Sunday for cash and pins.

I think I hooked another one today.
Last edited by mountainman308 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Hooked another one today.

Post by acorneau »

Good job!

:-bd
Allen Corneau
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Hooked another one today

Post by atomicbrh »

We had a 15 year old and his Dad that we go to church with come over yesterday afternoon for a introduction to the shooting sports. We put out Air Rifle Chickens and Pigs at regulation distances plus paper at Chickens. I lost count of how many pellets they shot and never hit a single target the whole afternoon. They found the correct NPA and were not having trouble seeing through the scope. I told them that was a plus. The 15 year old wants to go to the Marine Corps and had never shot anything before until yesterday. He made the statement that this was far different from his video games. I think they are going to be looking for air rifles first. I did get out a AR15 for him to look through the sights and dry fire. Just so it was not totally foreign to him. Also separated the lower and the upper to explain how a semiautomatic functions.
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Hooked another one today

Post by squinty_shooter »

GOOD WORK!