online paper target source?

This is what we do.
snipes
B Poster
B Poster

online paper target source?

Post by snipes »

Does anyone carry regulation sized paper targets that one can order online? I see plenty of the NRA 50' pistol targets, but nothing in the sizes at the normal 40-100 yd distances. I don't want to fool with printing them as that turns into an expensive proposition from an ink perspective, plus I'd prefer a heavier piece of paper.
I thought I came across them last year, but did not bookmark it.

Thank you
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: online paper target source?

Post by Jerry G »

snipes
B Poster
B Poster

Post by snipes »

Jerry,
I appreciate the response. I see the same 50' silhouette targets as other places. How do these translate to smallbore rifle at 40-100 yd distances? Wouldn't they be awfully small at those greater distances?
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I shoot the tq14's indoors. The animals are scaled so they look like they would at the proper distances. I have never seen the bigger ones printed on the card stock like that, but I print them on my printer, cut them out and staple them to cardboard. Actual animal size. And white paper targets on a brown background simulates real animals pretty well. You only need to print out 1 of each animal, then cut out 5 at a time on white paper. Not much ink involved. White paper is cheap. Like me!
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Don't print the targets yourself with your inkjet printer ink and commercial card stock paper. That burns through ink and gets expensive quickly. Choose the ones that you want to print a bunch of and submit them as PDFs to a printing place. Make sure that you request that they get printed on card stock and are printed in black and white instead of color. It's a LOT cheaper and all you have to do is stop by and pick them up.
snipes
B Poster
B Poster

Post by snipes »

That's a great idea Jason. Thank you.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

This is the one I have scaled to 40M
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Go to a print shop that does commercial blue prints with a large scale printer. They can Down load the targets from the NRA website and print them to scale. Then trace that to a piece of thin plywood. Use that to make it a cookie cutter for making targets with black craft paper. You can make thousands of targets for almost nothing.
0130181222-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Or you can do the same thing just use some targets to trace to a piece of plywood or masonite.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
saikatana
B Poster
B Poster

Post by saikatana »

I went to the local Dollar Store and purchased 2 plastic placemats. I traced the outline of the targets on the placemats and cut them out with an Exacto knife. This gets me a set of stencils to use with spray paint on poster board. The hole in the rams horn is held in place with a narrow strip of cellophane tape.

Good Luck