What rings are these?

This is what we do.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

What rings are these?

Post by Jason »

I saw this picture in another thread and would love to have some rings like this to mount my Sightron 24X scope in. The CZ receiver is fairly short and the scope's 4+ inches of eye relief are too much for it.

Any know what they are and if they are good, stable rings? I think it was STSBuyer's rifle, so maybe he'll pipe up here.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

After a little more searching, those rings look to be almost exactly these BKL 274 Offset Scope Rings.

The ones on the rifle look to be 2-screw bases with 1 screw rings, but the screws are smaller. Maybe they're an older version or something. I don't see why the one large screw wouldn't be as strong as the two small ones. That front ring sure does seem like a long stretch for a one-screw base, though. Hmm...
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

Jason,
Thats my rifle and you are correct they are BKL 274 offset. I needed them to move the scope a little further forward. They work great and are rock solid. If you look closer, I think your looking at the back side of the rear ring. That side has a hole were you can install the base screw and spread the base to make it easier to install. So what you see is the end of the screw and the threaded hole for spreading the base during instalation.

Later, Paul
Jason wrote:After a little more searching, those rings look to be almost exactly these BKL 274 Offset Scope Rings.

The ones on the rifle look to be 2-screw bases with 1 screw rings, but the screws are smaller. Maybe they're an older version or something. I don't see why the one large screw wouldn't be as strong as the two small ones. That front ring sure does seem like a long stretch for a one-screw base, though. Hmm...
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thanks for the reply. I have some of those on the way to me, and I even got the little level that screws into that spreader hole. Of course, that's mostly just to play with. :)