2018 Smallbore competitor's meeting

This is what we do.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

2018 Smallbore competitor's meeting

Post by pistolero45 »

I attended my first Nationals competitor's meeting today. And it was interesting. But what are the names of these NRA people we are supposed to contact with questions and concerns. And does anyone have their contact information? Thanks.

And I have a question concerning the awards. Page 11 of the program states there will be 1st, 2nd, and 3ld place awards for the individual matches, and the aggregate matches. But only 1st place awards were given today. Does anyone else wonder about this?
Mark
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: 2018 Smallbore competitor's meeting

Post by lijeboy »

Page 11 of the match program reads as follows:

INDIVIDUAL MATCHES
Place
*First, Second and Third place winners will be awarded Silhouette coins.

Category
Competitors are eligible for one category award only and must be
indicated on their entry cards. *The highest scoring: Senior, Woman,
Junior, Intermediate Junior, and Sub-Junior will receive a
Silhouette coin.

Class
*High Master, A, AA, AAA, & B class winners will receive the new
Silhouette coins as designated under each championship.

It is confusing. Here's my interpretation:

"Place" meaning overall winners receive 1st 2nd, and 3rd. "Class" meaning B, A. AA, AAA, and Master receive 1st place only.

I am not at all pleased with the awards provided this year, but that's what was chosen by the NRA and I had no control over it.

Aggregate awards are somewhat better and will go to 5th place in each class.

To address your other concern, who at the NRA do you wish to contact? I'll try to get contact info for upon you answering this message.

I hope you are having a good time at the nationals.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

Thank you for the speedy response. I realize this is an NRA mess and not your doing. Thank you very much for running a great match. And a big "thank you" to the other volunteers as well. And congratulations to the awesome competitors who prevailed.

I now have the contact information for Tom King, the NRA Board of Director who attended our competitor's meeting. Mr. King has recently be given charge of the NRA Competition/Silhouette Dept. He prefers to be contacted by either email or phone. TomKingNRA@gmail.com phone 518-424-1349.

Mr. King does not want any of his electronic responses to be forwarded/shared. I suggest we respect his request. He tells me his intention is to create a Facebook Metallic Silhouette page so he/NRA can control who is in the group (silhouette shooters) and that discussions remain respectful.
Mark
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you had a good time. I will pass along your compliments to the team.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

pistolero45 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:21 pm He tells me his intention is to create a Facebook Metallic Silhouette page so he/NRA can control who is in the group (silhouette shooters) and that discussions remain respectful.
Good Luck and God Bless him... :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?