Will the new T/C R22.......

This is what we do.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Will the new T/C R22.......

Post by DavidABQ »

Will the new Thompson Center R22 stock meet the hunting rifle rules? It doesn't really look like a traditional hunting rifle stock.

What say the collective?

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/semi-automatic/t-cr22
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Will the new T/C R22.......

Post by acorneau »

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it breaks the first part of the rule: "The stock must be traditionally styled..." But then the Robertsons/Pharr stock seems to stretch the concept of "traditionally styled" and it's ok.

Other than that it seems to comply to the rules (assuming it makes weight).

Practically, I doubt a club match director would care if you wanted to use it but you are risking a protest at a bigger state/regional match.
Allen Corneau
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

acorneau wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:02 am

Practically, I doubt a club match director would care if you wanted to use it but you are risking a protest at a bigger state/regional match.
That. Unless you are shooting 39-40 no one is going to care. If you like it, shoot it! :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I have a friend who's application to SC has not been approved is considering one of these rifles. He is a lefty and semi-autos tend to be lefty friendly.

I suspect it will make weight but the traditional looking stock is a concern.
Our local match director won't give it a second look but with the Whittington Center only 3 hours away going Nationals when it is held is easy for us.
I am concerned about it passing the NRA tech inspection.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I just looked at it on line and I can't see a problem with it as long as it makes weight. With the plastic stock weight should not be a problem.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Thank you everyone for the replies. I will pass on the information to my friend. Fortunately he decided to pursue a good rifle scope and then search for a suitable rifle if he decides the Marlin he is using now is what he wants to keep using it.

\m/