Savage / Anchutz Match 64 trigger spring.

This is what we do.
shooterer
B Poster
B Poster

Savage / Anchutz Match 64 trigger spring.

Post by shooterer »

I have a Savage Anschutz Match 64 rifle that I would like to set up for small-bore silhouette, but I can not get the trigger to adjust below 3lbs.

Would anyone know what spring I should use as a replacement and where I could buy one?

Attached is a picture of the trigger pack I have on the action.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stand up for what is right.... even if you stand alone.
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Savage / Anchutz Match 64 trigger spring.

Post by rogersptl »

Not really what you asked BUT can you readers give me an idea how to measure spring force? I assume I'd need to have a given length in order to compare them. Thanks
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

For crude methods. For measuring stretch, you can use a scale similar to a scale that weighs fish. For measuring compression, you can use a lab scale and your finger---just compress the spring under your finger while it's sitting on the scale and repeat until you get a average. If you want a better method you can buy a force gauge made to measure springs.
For the op, I used a spring out of a bic pen in my model 64 and although it did make the trigger lighter, it created variance. I ended up contacting Wolf springs and they visited with me about the length and wire diameter of the original and sent me a couple that worked well.

Jon.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

To measure just the spring, you also need to know the distance it is compressed. Springs are all made with a specific spring constant; the force depends on how much it is compressed.

You can look up if that 64 is upgradable to a newer trigger. I thought all 64s can share triggers, but I don't see a rear action screw in your picture, so not sure if that is true or if it's a 64.
EQ Guy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EQ Guy »

I have the same rifle and several years ago I bought a replacement trigger from Champions Choice for it. You might check to see if they are still available as an alternative.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Not sure about your specific needs, but J and P springs has top notch springs.

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.