Shooting friends.....

This is what we do.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Shooting friends.....

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Sometimes a good friend is priceless..... Yesterday, at the Conard Bernhardt Rifle Championships, one of the biggest, most important silhouette rifle matches in the country, I began the morning match with an excellent start: I had shot 9/10 chickens, and 9/10 pigs.... a better beginning than I have managed in years. But then, the wind kicked up a bit (and my mind kicked up a lot), and I only hit 4 of the remaining 20 targets. I was wholly disgusted with myself, and sick of heart, and muttered to anyone within ear shot when coming off the line that I was done, that I was quitting the game, that I was too old. Erich Mietenkorte, a champion shooter and an even better friend, didn't say a word, just took his pen and touched my 9/10 strings on my score card.

After a break, I came back and, thinking of Erich's pen on those lines, steadied down, and shot 7 chickens and 6 pigs, 6 turkeys (after Erich saw my first bullet strike and told me to hold off the chests of the damned things) and 7 rams, which gave me not a great score, but respectable, especially considering my age, and my highest score of two days.

Thanks, Miet! You saved my shooting "career!" (But for some reason, my long suffering wife says she needs to have long, serious talk with you!)
Last edited by OnaginOffagin on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Shooting friends.....

Post by Grizz61 »

Amen, what might be the best piece of equipment in the silhouette game, A Good to Great Friend.
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!