Getting richer.....

This is what we do.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Getting richer.....

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I have a 1710 Anchutz Silhouette rifle that I bought 15 years ago (?) for $900, and they are sold now used for $1000 to $1500 -- if you can find one. I won a 1712 Anchutz Silhouette Rifle as a door prize at a Conard Bernhardt Match three or four years ago, and they now sell new for $2095. Tell me then, why does my wife gets nervous when I look at new rifles? As I see it, I'm more than doubling our money! I should have been an investor!
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
DrGunner
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Getting richer.....

Post by DrGunner »

Your 1712 might be worth even more if Anschutz ever stops producing them. The REAL question is- would you actually ever SELL them? It took me years to buy my first Anschutz, a 1712 I just got last week. I bought it used at a great price from a good friend, very low round count and in pristine condition.
I doubt I’ll ever sell it.

DrGunner
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

No, DrGunner.... I never sell guns, just buy them! That's a beautiful piece you have there! Enjoy it to the max!
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

What A BEAUTY!!!
DrGunner
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DrGunner »

OnaginOffagin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:29 pm No, DrGunner.... I never sell guns, just buy them! That's a beautiful piece you have there! Enjoy it to the max!
Thank you, Sir- didn’t want to hijack your thread, but I waited nearly 20 years to buy my first 1712 (family matters always seemed to come first) and I just got her so I couldn’t help myself! I’m similar to you, but I have sold/given away a few over the years, but never sold one that shot really well!

Looking forward to my maiden range trip later today.

DrGunner
DrGunner
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DrGunner »

squinty_shooter wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:59 pm What A BEAUTY!!!
I appreciate the kind words. I only hope she shoots well as is.
My starter silhouette rifle was a CZ 452 Varmint. The action was loose in the stock, so I bedded it and was very proud of the bedding job... unfortunately, I found myself needing a better fitting stock, and upgraded to a Merier so my bedding job is on a shelf somewhere.