How many years worth of .22 ammo........

This is what we do.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: How many years worth of .22 ammo........

Post by DavidABQ »

Jerry G wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:58 pm I think if you keep your 22 ammo out of the heat you can store it for a long time. Back when wolf was $100 a case at my door I had 5 cases in my basement for about 5 years.
That is good to know. Thank you. I will not worry too much about getting through it.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Less blah blah blah, more blam blam blam!

Quit storing and get to shooting!
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

OldRanger wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:18 pm Less blah blah blah, more blam blam blam!

Quit storing and get to shooting!
\m/
Blairsville
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Blairsville »

So how much to store interesting question. Im interested in the answers as well to bad it went off the rail i think i have 7500 rounds of cci SV and as a Canadian ammo is not cheap 350$ for 5000 is a good deal. There lots of answers and none of them are wrong.

I guess these are the things to consider.

- Will the price go up Yes of course but can you make more money on your money then on the price of inflation, my opinion probably not.
- Will the ammo quality go down im not sure depends on the ammo. I always love hearing stories of the this case and that was that someone had that shot lights out.
- If you find a lot number and it shoots really really well It would be hard to say no to buying it all within reason but if your getting different lot numbers then it might not be worth it to go all in just on a brand and type.
- So far im just buying cci standard by the 5000 and when it gets down to half i look for more on sale.

Remember to have fun and if buying ammo is fun then go for it. Or do what I do and spend a bit here and a bit there and try and get better at the sport.