Timney Two staged triggers for Sako rifles

This is what we do.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Timney Two staged triggers for Sako rifles

Post by SqHunter »

Has anybody used the new two staged triggers from Timney? According to the literature it would offer more adjustability than the Anschutz triggers, and would fit a Finnfire II. Appreciate your wisdom. Thanks!
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Timney Two staged triggers for Sako rifles

Post by AMB »

I put one in my Tikka Forester .260, shot it in Ridgway. Easy to install, great trigger. Al Bean
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

AMB wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:27 pm I put one in my Tikka Forester .260, shot it in Ridgway. Easy to install, great trigger. Al Bean
Thanks for the response. I have received the trigger but not tried it yet, the rifle is out getting a stock. Looking forward to it!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

SqHunter wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:33 am
AMB wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:27 pm I put one in my Tikka Forester .260, shot it in Ridgway. Easy to install, great trigger. Al Bean
Thanks for the response. I have received the trigger but not tried it yet, the rifle is out getting a stock. Looking forward to it!
Which Sako are you installing it on?
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Doodaddy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:51 am
A Finnfire II. The rifle feeds and rejects better than Anschutz, has a fast lock time, and is more accurate than a CZ. I was hunting with it, till my wife shot her best score ever with it a couple of weekends ago. It's now her new silhouette rifle ^:)^
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

SqHunter wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:37 am

A Finnfire II. The rifle feeds and rejects better than Anschutz, has a fast lock time, and is more accurate than a CZ. I was hunting with it, till my wife shot her best score ever with it a couple of weekends ago. It's now her new silhouette rifle ^:)^
I was hoping it was compatible with the either/both of the Finnfires or the Quad. That really gives new shooters more options for a nice two stage trigger instead of being locked to Anschutz or the custom action route. I really wanted to build off of the Finnfire years back, but trigger is what finally pushed me from it.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Doodaddy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:54 am

I was hoping it was compatible with the either/both of the Finnfires or the Quad. That really gives new shooters more options for a nice two stage trigger instead of being locked to Anschutz or the custom action route. I really wanted to build off of the Finnfire years back, but trigger is what finally pushed me from it.
It is my understanding that it will work on the quad, the Finnfire II, and perhaps the t3x. The original Finnfire is a different action, I think.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

SqHunter wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:15 am
Doodaddy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:54 am

It is my understanding that it will work on the quad, the Finnfire II, and perhaps the t3x. The original Finnfire is a different action, I think.
Great news either way! Let us know how it feels if you get a chance.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Is this for the Timney 430 trigger for the Tikka? I am not sure it has more adjustability than an Anschutz, maybe a 5109 trigger or other sporter ones but definitely not the 5018 match trigger.

The 430 will work on Tikka T1x, T3/T3x and the sako Quad. It might even work for the older Tikkas and other Sakos that use the same trigger as the T3 line.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

thauglor wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 pm Is this for the Timney 430 trigger for the Tikka? I am not sure it has more adjustability than an Anschutz, maybe a 5109 trigger or other sporter ones but definitely not the 5018 match trigger.

The 430 will work on Tikka T1x, T3/T3x and the sako Quad. It might even work for the older Tikkas and other Sakos that use the same trigger as the T3 line.
First stage is supposed to be adjustable from 1/2 to 1 lb, and independent of the second stage. No spring swaps or cam mod needed. That's why I said it was more adjustable. I have had great 5018 triggers, but it took sending them off to a magician to make them perfect. I certainly could not do it by just turning a screw.