1% of the one percenters

This is what we do.
savagesnapper
B Poster
B Poster

1% of the one percenters

Post by savagesnapper »

Hello to all, don’t see too much information on an Anschutz 64 MS silhouette Within the forum. Maybe you guys can help me, I found a preserved,unfired Anschutz model 64MS Silhouette single shot rifle in left hand configuration. It’s a date code I F makes it a 1985 . It is still in the box and the Cosmolene still on the bolt . It came from an estate sale. It has a 5091 trigger. I was the only bidder. I wound up paying $1400 for it .I called Anschutz USA and they were very polite but couldn’t help me due to the age of the rifle, if the rifle is exactly what it is as stated by the seller, am I somewhere in the ballpark for that price? Any input would be appreciated, thanks !
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 1% of the one percenters

Post by acorneau »

Used right-hand 64MS's seem to be selling in the $500 to $800 range. Add a little bump for it being left-handed and another little bump for it being unfired and that still leaves you a bit short of the price you paid.

If it has incredible Meister-grade wood then you might be in the ballpark, but I don't think they made MS's with such nice wood.

Unless you bought it purely as an investment then don't worry about the value, just enjoy your new rifle!
Allen Corneau
savagesnapper
B Poster
B Poster

Post by savagesnapper »

Thank you for your input,sir,
Much appreciated, I’ve always wanted one of these style rifles, so I figured a left-hander wouldn’t come down the pike too often. That aside, let me give a shout out to the nice gentleman that tried to answer my inquiry at Anschutz USA . He was as helpful as he could be, it’s not that he would not do anything for me, he just did not have the data on hand at the time for such a relic, but he did suggest I go through the archives of the factory, tip of the hat to you
Anschutz USA
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

savagesnapper wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:45 am Thank you for your input,sir,
Much appreciated, I’ve always wanted one of these style rifles, so I figured a left-hander wouldn’t come down the pike too often. That aside, let me give a shout out to the nice gentleman that tried to answer my inquiry at Anschutz USA . He was as helpful as he could be, it’s not that he would not do anything for me, he just did not have the data on hand at the time for such a relic, but he did suggest I go through the archives of the factory, tip of the hat to you
Anschutz USA
Seeing left handers are so hard to come by I'm sure you could get your money out of it.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

W@here have you been Bob? I haven't seen or heard anything from you for several years.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I think he's enjoying his retirement. Lucky sob.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hawkeye7br »

A search of this forum (well, the classifieds) has turned up ZERO such guns in the last year. Not even right handed, much less lefties.

A search of gunbroker shows exactly ONE and it starts at $1000.00 for a RH.

These guns may be selling for less via word of mouth, but they are generally unavailable to the general public. For a leftie in good shape, yeah, I would think you would pay a premium. Enjoy your find!!