2020 Sunshine Classic

This is what we do.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

2020 Sunshine Classic

Post by Innocent »

Folks those that knew Hugh McCombs will miss him. His wife Lynette has graciously promised to host the 2020 Sunshine Classic as Hugh had already started the process prior to his death. Please feel free to share with any and all silhouette shooters and I look forward to seeing you in Jacksonville in March!
Mary

2020 SUNSHINE CLASSIC
NRA SMALLBORE RIFLE & SMALLBORE HUNTING RIFLE
FLORIDA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
In Memory of Hugh McCombs 1953-2020

Sponsored by GATEWAY RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB, JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
DATES: March 28 --- Smallbore Standard Rifle Silhouette Championship
March 29 --- Smallbore Hunting Rifle Silhouette Championship
TIMES: Matches begin promptly at 9:00 AM.
ENTRY FEES: $55 for one match, $75 for both days

JUNIOR ENTRY: $45 for one match, $65 for both days ( Juniors: please provide date of birth on entry form. )

REGISTRATION: Entry Form with payment must be received by March 1st in order to receive a
free T-shirt. Entries will be accepted until tournament date or until range capacity is reached.

MEMBERSHIP: Competition is open to all shooters. Florida Sport Shooting Association Membership is
required for Florida residents. Out-of-state shooters must be members of their state association
or join FSSA to compete. All shooters must have an up-to-date NRA Silhouette Rifle
Classification Card(s).

RANGE CAPACITY: 72 shooters per day. Early registration is recommended!

PRACTICE: Range will be open for practice Friday, March 27th, from noon until 5:00 PM, and on match
days from 8:00am -8:45 am. Matches will begin promptly at 9:00 AM.

SQUADDING: Competitors may choose their squadding on a first come/first served basis prior to the
beginning of the tournament. Competitors will score for the relay following them.

COURSE OF FIRE: Tournament will consist of TWO 40-shot matches each day as follows:
SATURDAY AM & PM: Standard Rifle- 10 shots Chickens @ 40 meters
10 shots Pigs @ 50 meters- reduced targets
10 shots Turkeys @ 77 meters
10 shots Rams @ 100 meters
SUNDAY AM & PM: Hunting Rifle- 10 shots Chickens @ 40 meters
10 shots Pigs @ 50 meters- reduced targets
10 shots Turkeys @ 77 meters
10 shots Rams @ 100 meters
AGGREGATE: Combined scores of each day’s AM & PM scores
Shoot-off for ties will be held at the completion of each day’s tournament.

RULES: Current NRA Smallbore Rifle Silhouette rules will apply in Standard and Hunting Rifle classes.
Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club “EMPTY CHAMBER INDICATOR” rule will be strictly enforced. Only Standard velocity ammunition will be permitted to avoid damage to targets. Case deflectors will be required on rifles ejecting cases in a manner that may strike other competitors.
CLASSIFICATION: Unclassified shooters will compete in the highest available class.

AWARDS: All awards will be based on 80-shot aggregate. Florida State Champion award will be awarded, each day, to the highest scoring Florida resident (who will not receive a class award.). Open Champion Award will be awarded, each day, to highest scoring competitor excluding the State Champion (who will not receive a class award.) Class awards will be as follows: Two (2) places awarded in Master; up to Four (4) places will be awarded in AAA, AA, A, and B.
Awards will also be presented to High Super Senior, High Senior, High Lady, High Junior, High Animal in each classification, for each day’s tournament. Competitors winning multiple awards, with the exception of Hi Animal, will choose the award they wish to receive. Daily match and aggregate awards will be awarded at the conclusion of the respective match for the day.

MATCH SCHEDULE:
Friday: Practice ……………..….…… noon to 5:00 PM.
Saturday: Practice…………………… 8:00 – 8:45 AM………Match begins promptly at 9:00.
Lunch provided between matches unless both matches are shot in the morning.
Sunday: Practice………………………8:00 – 8:45 AM………Match begins promptly at 9:00.
Lunch provided between matches unless both matches are shot in the morning.

TARGET SETTERS: Every effort will be made to provide target setters. If target setters are not available competitors will set and paint the targets that they knocked down for the relay following them.

GENERAL INFORMATION: Firing line is covered, please bring your own lawn chairs. Running water, soda machines, and restroom facilities are available at the range. Lunch will be provided each day for each registered competitor, and may be purchased for spectators for $9 each.

DIRECTIONS: Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club, 9301 Zambito Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32210 (904) 771-2937
From
I-295 S toward Daytona; take exit 17 West (FL-208 / Wilson Blvd), keep right; turn left on
C.R.213 / Old Middleburg Rd, go 1.3 miles; turn right on Noroad, go 1.2 miles; turn right on Zambito Rd; follow around curve, entrance to GRPC is on right; Silhouette range is past main office on the right.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Several hotels, restaurants, and fast food establishments are 4 miles away from the range at the new Chaffee Point area off I-10 (Jacksonville’s Westside) or just off I-295 at Exit 12
(FL 21S / Blanding Blvd., Orange Park, 15 minutes away).
Here is a partial list of accommodations:
Fairfield Inn & Suites, 561 Chaffee Point Blvd., Jax 904-693-4400
Holiday Inn Express, 537 Chaffee Point Blvd., Jax 904-652-2782
Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites, 525 Chaffee Point Blvd., Jax 904-265-7759
Country Inn And Suites 5945 Youngerman Circle E, Jax 800-596-2375, 904-772-7771

QUESTIONS, ADDITIONAL INFO, CONTACT: LYNETTE MCCOMBS: 904-707-3600
EMAIL: CATAIR@BELLSOUTH.NET
2020 FLORIDA SUNSHINE CLASSIC MATCH ENTRY FORM
NAME_________________________________________________NRA #___________________________
ADDRESS_____________________________________________FSSA/STATE member #______________
CITY__________________________________________ST_______________ZIP_____________________
PHONE___________________________EMAIL________________________________________________
CLASSIFICATION -- CIRCLE ONE –
STANDARD RIFLE: M AAA AA A B UNC
HUNTING RIFLE: M AAA AA A B UNC
CATEGORY: SUPER SENIOR SENIOR LADY *JUNIOR
( Junior: Date of birth _______________________________ )

ENTRY FEE: $75 for both Standard Rifle and Hunting Rifle, $55 for only one match
JUNIOR FEE: $65 for both Standard Rifle and Hunting Rifle, $45 for only one match
Entry fee includes fees paid to NRA, lunches (and t-shirt if entry is received by March 1st )

T-SHIRT SIZE: ( CIRCLE ONE ) S M L XL XXL XXXL

IF YOU ARE BRINGING A GUEST(S) AND WANT TO PURCHASE ANY ADDITIONAL LUNCHES, PLEASE INDICATE NUMBER OF ADDITIONAL LUNCHES HERE:

LUNCHES (___________) X $9.00 ea. = $___________________ enclosed.

TOTAL AMOUNT ENCLOSED: $___________________________
MAILTHE ENTRY & RELEASE FORMS WITH PAYMENT MADE OUT TO :
LYNETTE MCCOMBS
813 ASHWOOD CT.
ORANGE PARK, FL. 32065

WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT

Please Print Date_____________
Name: Last_________________________ First______________________________ MI__________
Mailing Address___________________________________________________________________
City__________________ State ________ Zip________ Daytime Phone ( _____)______-_________
Driver License # _____________________________
This is a release and waiver of claims which, when signed, contractually waives any claims against Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club that may arise in connection with your participation in activities at any Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club, Inc. shooting range. PLEASE READ CARFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
In consideration of the opportunity afforded to me to participate in activities of Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club, 9301 Zambito Avenue North, Jacksonville, Florida 32210, I, the undersigned, on behalf of myself and my heirs, do freely agree to the following:
I fully understand the risk associated with the participation in shooting activities at the Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club, and do hereby, and for my heirs, executors, and assigns knowingly, freely and voluntarily assume all risk and liabilities for any damage, injury, or death to me, my person or property that may occur as a result of my participation in any firearm activities at the Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club, and do hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club, their partners, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers, and do hereby waive and discharge all claims for damages that I might have against Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club, their partners, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers for any reason, including Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club’s negligence, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club their partners, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, damages, and judgments of whatever nature, including attorney’s fees, that may be asserted or entered against any of them in connection with my participation in any activity at Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club.
I have read the Release and Waiver of Claims and fully understand its terms, and understand that I have waived substantial rights by signing this release, and I have signed it freely and without inducement, coercion, or assurance of any nature, and intend it is to be a complete and unconditional release of any and all liability, and agree that, if any portion of this waiver and release of claims is held invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, any portion not being held invalid shall remain in full force and effect.
I certify or affirm that I am not a convicted felon and my possessing or shooting any firearm at GRPC is not a violation of any state or federal law.
In addition to reading this release, I affirm that I have also read the range rules and fully understand that if anytime I fail to follow these guidelines or the orders of the range officers, my privilege to use these facilities may be denied or revoked.
_____________________________ _____________________________
Print Name of Applicant Print Name of Witness

_____________________________ ______________________________
Signature of Applicant Signature of Witness
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.