Cancelation of NC Smallbore Silhouette State Championship

This is what we do.
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Cancelation of NC Smallbore Silhouette State Championship

Post by ShootingStar »

All,
I hate to announce this, but it is time: the Championship Tournament, previously scheduled for the 1st weekend in June, is now CANCELLED!
Asheville Rifle & Pistol Club will not reschedule for this year, but will plan for it next year instead.

I light of Covid-19 case(s) in our local area, plus restrictions enacted to try and slow/stop the spread and knowing that cases will likely continue for the next month or more, I cancelled the matches out of an abundance of concern. After discussions with Club leadership, we felt it safer for the competitors, the Boy Scout Target Setters, other match assistants, family members who might be in attendance or just at home upon return, to cancel the matches and not risk exposure anywhere along the journey to, from or during the match weekend.

Believe me, I struggled with the decision, but better to announce it now than call it off later, after everyone registered and put plans in place.
Thanks for your understanding and hope to see you at our State Matches (or monthly matches) in the future.

For the time being, we are still holding our Monthly Air Rifle Silhouette and Smallbore Silhouette matches on the 2nd Saturday of the month March - November.

ShootingStar - aka Greg Chandler