NEW Bergara BMR

This is what we do.
User avatar
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:41 pm
Location: Ephrata, WA

NEW Bergara BMR

Post by Emietenkorte »

This may be a really good option for silhouette, especially for new shooters! I'll be ordering one for sure, MSRP $565!

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/ri ... IFqNL7gU7k
User avatar
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by Merlin »

I was all set to bash/make fun of the rifle due to the magazine size... but after looking at it it appears to have a regular sized mag! I'll be a buyer to to see how it shoots.

I can't find any place to actually buy one yet...?
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
User avatar
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:41 pm
Location: Ephrata, WA

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by Emietenkorte »

Well it was just released today so it might be a little bit before anyone has one available for sale.
thauglor
AA Poster
AA Poster
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by thauglor »

If only CZ went with a r700 style trigger on the 457
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:07 pm
Location: West Monroe, LA

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by Doodaddy »

It's like they looked at my complaints on the B-14R and released this with a better price than I could have imagined. That's simply outstanding.

I have half a mind to buy one just simply as a thank you for bringing this to market....
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
cedestech
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1844
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by cedestech »

Doodaddy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:10 am It's like they looked at my complaints on the B-14R and released this with a better price than I could have imagined. That's simply outstanding.

I have half a mind to buy one just simply as a thank you for bringing this to market....
I bought several Henrys when they first came out with the 24" barrel for the same reason. People ask for something then don't buy when
a company goes out of their way to accommodate them.... ei: Leupold and no longer making straight power scopes silhouette reticles....
Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:07 pm
Location: West Monroe, LA

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by Doodaddy »

cedestech wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:13 pm
Doodaddy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:10 am It's like they looked at my complaints on the B-14R and released this with a better price than I could have imagined. That's simply outstanding.

I have half a mind to buy one just simply as a thank you for bringing this to market....
I bought several Henrys when they first came out with the 24" barrel for the same reason. People ask for something then don't buy when
a company goes out of their way to accommodate them.... ei: Leupold and no longer making straight power scopes silhouette reticles....
You're the best of us all misterdibble.

I also wish I could have gotten one or two more of those FX3 silhouette scopes, but alas, I only have one.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
cedestech
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1844
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by cedestech »

Doodaddy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:01 am
cedestech wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:13 pm
Doodaddy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:10 am It's like they looked at my complaints on the B-14R and released this with a better price than I could have imagined. That's simply outstanding.

I have half a mind to buy one just simply as a thank you for bringing this to market....
I bought several Henrys when they first came out with the 24" barrel for the same reason. People ask for something then don't buy when
a company goes out of their way to accommodate them.... ei: Leupold and no longer making straight power scopes silhouette reticles....
You're the best of us all misterdibble.

I also wish I could have gotten one or two more of those FX3 silhouette scopes, but alas, I only have one.
LOL... Hardly. ;)

A lot of people don't get it though. I see people bemoan Leupold for their lack of a regular line of glass specifically for
our sport. If you look at the entire pie, fixed power 20+ power scopes with a target dot reticle isn't even a slice they
can afford to cut. It's metaphorically a few crumbs left in the pie tin...
Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
User avatar
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1793
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by DavidABQ »

cedestech wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:47 am A lot of people don't get it though. I see people bemoan Leupold for their lack of a regular line of glass specifically for
our sport. If you look at the entire pie, fixed power 20+ power scopes with a target dot reticle isn't even a slice they
can afford to cut. It's metaphorically a few crumbs left in the pie tin...
I don’t like it but I think you are absolutely correct. Last year I picked up 2 of the Leupold VX-3i in 6.5-20 before they were discontinued. I wish I had done that with the FX-3 in 25x.

I have a bad feeling that the NRA is going to use this bankruptcy to rid itself of the competition branch.
I hope that I am wrong.
User avatar
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1793
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by DavidABQ »

That BMR looks really nice. I am tempted to sell off my 1712 and use the money to buy a BMR.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:07 pm
Location: West Monroe, LA

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by Doodaddy »

DavidABQ wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:00 pmI have a bad feeling that the NRA is going to use this bankruptcy to rid itself of the competition branch.
I hope that I am wrong.
That thought has crossed my mind.

But they don't offer a service that anyone else can't provide or even hole isn't filled, matches are ran by match directors, not the NRA.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
User avatar
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1793
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by DavidABQ »

Doodaddy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:54 pm
DavidABQ wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:00 pmI have a bad feeling that the NRA is going to use this bankruptcy to rid itself of the competition branch.
I hope that I am wrong.
That thought has crossed my mind.

But they don't offer a service that anyone else can't provide or even hole isn't filled, matches are ran by match directors, not the NRA.
The more traditional shooting sports can be picked up by CMP and I am pretty sure the action shooting community will find a new home too. I don’t think the silhouette shooting sports will be so lucky if the NRA shuts down the competition department.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:24 pm
Location: Rural Mississippi

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by atomicbrh »

The pandemic and government policies resulting from the pandemic affected every shooting sport and sanctioning body. If NRA stops their silhouette program, I guarantee you one or more sanctioning bodies for silhouette will spring up to fill that void. This is America. There is no law against more than one sanctioning body.

Multiple, coexisting, parallel sanctioning bodies would only be beneficial to the silhouette sport. Competition between sanctioning bodies would only result in quality and success for all. I have talked to some people in other shooting disciplines that are much more angry than anybody in silhouette. Be patient. Be positive. Let this pandemic thing wear itself out before giving up on silhouette.
Last edited by atomicbrh on Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by Merlin »

Don't know if this is the case or not but I certainly hope your assessment is correct! :ymapplause:
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
pdeal
B Poster
B Poster
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:18 pm
Location: Morgantown, WV
Contact:

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by pdeal »

Personally I think the time is now for a person with some good organizational skills and a pc with a spread sheet and a word processor to start another sanctioning body. Start a little web site, type up the rules, and start sanctioning matches. Hopefully tactfully and trying not to be antagonistic toward the NRA.

There are lots of reasons for this. These days there are so many shooting disciplines it has diluted the focus and the traditional ones are getting left behind in many respects. Add the political pressures to the list that will be keeping the NRA hopping too. It ought to be a silhouette shooter, someone with a love for this sport, to proceed with this.

This has been done already with some of the smallbore disciplines- https://www.americansmallbore.com/
Post Reply