Richards Microfit gunstocks???

This is what we do.
mike4764
B Poster
B Poster

Post by mike4764 »

I ordered a stock for a customer's rifle I'm building about 5 months agao,
at the time they told me about 12 weeks. I have been calling every day for weeks and cant get through. I have left messages and e-mails with no response. About 3 weeks agao I got to talk to someone there and they told me it would be shipped out that week. Three weeks later still not here.
I dont know what else to do. I continue to call with no response. They have the worst customer service. Any one else have a problem with them?
saikatana
B Poster
B Poster

Post by saikatana »

From what I read on Rimfire Central.net Richards is a 3 person operation and they make stocks as sold.Most people like the stocks once received but it can take a while.
Good Luck
Hoser
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hoser »

They use a different calendar than most humans.

I ordered a stock and was promised 6-8 weeks. It was also billed that day. Not cool, but hey...

Five months later still no stock after hearing "it goes out next week," twice.

I called to cancel and they did so without any fuss.

Hung up the phone and called McMillan.

The ones I have seen look to be high quality though.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

I ordered one in May, it was promised in August, it arrived in November. I tried to call to cancel, but never got a body. Funny, when I ordered it, I got right thru. Stock had a divit in the front of the cheekpiece in the middle. A cosmetic flaw. Pretty wood, done how I wanted, decided to keep it as an experiment. I wanted to return it at first, but never got thru. Chock it up to experience. Reminded me of my dealings with Mac1.
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

I ordered a stock and thought the inletting was horrible. The inletting appeared to be cut with a chain saw and there was no way to recover from the chipped wood and crude machining technique.

I sent it back with a little bit of trouble explaining that the inletting was quality was a deal breaker.
- Joe
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Richards

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Mr Steiger
What was your experience with Mac1 ????
Evelio
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

:roll:Had a Crossman 600 that needed a rebuild. Called and talked to Tim. Got the scoop and sent him the gun. Supposed to be an easy/quick fix. 2 months later I got a reply to an email that told me it would be done when he felt like doing it, and to quit bothering him. I was worried that it had gotten lost in the mail. I think it took something like 6 months to get back. I think he waits until he gets a bunch of them in and does an assembly line. I dunno. I had a trip to LA just after it got in. I had been planning a visit to recover the gun. FWIW he does good work. I killed a pair of watermoccasins with it. Shoots straight and hard. They never had a chance. I know it gets crazy in that business. Feast or famine.

Gonna try to shoot my HP gun some more tomorrow. Man that is a really nice gun you built me. I love it. Thanks. That's one gun I don't have to worry about my daughter stealing. She hates all my lefty stuff.
Last edited by psteiger on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete A. »

Pat & Evilio;

I have had many occasions to refer people to other airgun repair outlets and to utilize others services.

Tim at Mac-1 has been absolutely reliable. Slow and methodical for sure; people forget many very popular airguns have not had parts made in 40+ years.

Guns I instantly think of when thinking of Mac-1 are Crosman 600's, Crosman Mark I's, S&W 78/79's. He does superbe (but darn slow) work. I've seen some of the work by some of the 'alleged' Cr600 "modifiers/tuners" and would not refer to these guys. Some "internet aces" are down right "hacks" who only discuss Feet Per Second regardless of what it does to the value of increasingly rarer guns like Cr600's (which are plenty powerful in stock condition).

On the 'forums' Tim isn't looked at a as a springer guru but he does darn fine work on these too.

The thing that turns people off about Tim at Mac-1 is that he has a very low tolerance for "chatty kathy's" on the telephone. He is darn busy and seldom has time to 'chew the fat' about "which pellets, which scope, ............' that so many of us while the hours discussing. Often he comes across like the proverbial "soup Nazi"

I have only three people I refer any airgun work to and Tim & Mac-1 get aprox 85% of those referrals.

Pete A.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

I have known Tim personally for many years as a fellow shooter and also a customer of his. I have taken broken air rifles and pistols to his place of business and more than once he has taken care of the problems I had with them right on the spot and at a very reasonable price. I am not saying he is perfect but he is honest and knows air rifles. Tony Tello