What to wear to the Conard Bernhard Cup?

This is what we do.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

What to wear to the Conard Bernhard Cup?

Post by jneihouse »

Was cool and brrezy in Fla, been warned it's going to be cold and wet iat the cup. Just seems wrong to be cold and wet by the end of April.....Going to pack warm and bring handwarmers. Spottin kitty is gearing up with a new sweater, blanket, and heating pad.....Not a bad idea.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/ ... n%20kitty/

Hey Kess, how's Mojo doing?
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Speaking as a displaced Southerner that's been up here in WWW (Wet Western Washington) for almost eight years now, go ahead and throw your ideas of what weather should be at different times of the year away. Unlike LA (lower Alabama) where I'm from, summer here doesn't last mid-April through late October. Summer is two weeks toward the end of July or beginning of August. The rest of the year is various shades of gray and drizzle. It rarely really rains here, but it can drizzle for days straight. Last year at Pe Ell, I got cold with jeans, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, and a raincoat on.
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Temps here today should be in the upper 80's lower 90's abundant sunshine.......We thin blooded southern types are risking death going into that kind of weather....
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

At least I know what Spotting Kitty is, now that I've seen that picture. It's a disgrace, though, to have such a shirt on it. A magnificent predator like should should never be wearing a shirt with a pig (prey animal) on it, unless it says something like Joebob's BBQ Ribs. It should be wearing an Auburn Tigers shirt, or as a last resort, LSU Tigers. It surely shouldn't be wearing a Hillbilly Piglets shirt. That's just wrong. :)
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Will admit that as poorly as the Hogs did this football season and basketball season I was a little hesiitant to put it on her. But it was either that or University of Oklahoma gear, and that would be another slap in the face of poor MOJO, Kess' sidekick.......
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

That's true. Oklahoma would be much worse. At least Arkansas is an SEC team. :lol:
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

clothing

Post by duckgumbo »

Neihouse,

Take EVERYTHING that you can and then more! I will bring the Single malt!!

Jason,

The thought of an Auburn Tiger is rather disgusting as they stole the mascot from LSU and use an Eagle at the games. What is that? A target of opportunity? Actually, I am more inclined to the Horned Frogs of TCU or the Banana Slugs of UC Santa Clara! Can't wait to meet all you guys again up in the NW and hope that some of you will come to the Southern Nationals. Bring SHORTS!

Duckgumbeaux
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Man, oh man, would I love to come and shoot down there. Days of shooting, sun, and actual good food for once, all without three little kids screaming over every little thing. That's pretty close to paradise. Won't happen for me, though, at least not this year.
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

E Kuney
Kess
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Kess »

Y'know, its bad enough that John disgraces his rifle by draping that piece of roadkill over the muzzle while in the rack, but then to festoon that flea trap with a hog shirt is downright mind-boggling!..nevermind the stench. Mojo took one look and is Laughing His AOROF!!..says you'll never make it through home security flying to Pe Ell. ..but just incase you do get through, try to remember to bring your pair of shoes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

..and D'Gumbeaux, try to save some singlemalt for me and Donnie when we have steaks Sunday evening after SoNat'ls. ...and kinda look after John in Pe Ell...try not to let him step in anything! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kess
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

ehat to wear

Post by Jerry G »

It is always cold and it usualy rains on one of the days. Lots of people hang around the two wood stoves except Tresa. She always wears her shorts and laughs at the rest of us.
kahuna
B Poster
B Poster

Post by kahuna »

Jerry
Shot a match today at PeEll.
Started at about 37 degrees and then Sunny and 70
by the end of the day.
The weather guy say's we are going to have same next
weekend.
Up to you to belive the weather guy.
Larry
N.R.A. Life member
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

But what time did it get to 70? If it get's to 70 9-10AM that's one thing...if it's 3PM until about 3:30 and then temp starts falling again...that's another... LOL.

I have mucho natural insulation and have been wearing shorts for some time now... BUT heck it was almot 90 the other day...

37 and shorts??? Hummmm...What should I do.... I guess I better bring some cloths...
Image Chicken George
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

You know this is a wonderful sport. Where else do grown, and otherwise normal, men and women dress in heavy leather vests and shorts in 90-100+ degree weather and not only enjoy it, but find it attractiive enough to travel all over the place and spend goodly sums of money on .22 rimfires and not think it odd at all. Ever tried to explain the logic of this to a non-shooter???
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

John,

Falls under the catagory, "If I gotta explain, you would'nt understand"

We are a fickeled lot.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg