Last match of the year at OFGC

This is what we do.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Last match of the year at OFGC

Post by jneihouse »

Too quiet here today.....Someone do something dumb so we can jump in the middle....Anyway, Old Fort Gun Club out of Fort Smith Arkansas is shooting their last match of the year the 2nd Saturday of December. Going to have pot luck chili type stuff after the match. Everyone is welcome, just bring a covered dish.....Dibs on Suzy Kessey's cookies.....If the weather is cold enough I'll bring out the Heater Buddy I won this year down in Winnsboro. Will post next years schedule as soon as our Board of Directors approves it. May be moving the first match of the month from the 2nd Saturday to the 1st Saturday to enable Hunter Pistol and Cowboy Silhouette to move into a Saturday morning slot from the Sunday afternoon they currently occupy. Hope not, as it will conflict with Tulsa Red Castle's schedule and I won't be able to go up and torment Kessey and Mark Gray and the other good folks there. Now that I think about it, they may be behind this to keep me away.....We do tend to eat a lot of their cookies and generally get in the way.

John
Commander in Chief, F Troop
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

Planning on attending if hunting does not get in the way!!!!
Image Chicken George
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Come on down and bring the crew from Benton. Plenty of road kill along the way, pick up what you want......We've had a super season and lets finish it with a bang.
Kess
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Kess »

John, when its as hot and humid as it normally is in June at Winnsboro, and you "win" (read: rigged, so that YOU were given...) a HEATER BUDDY....well son, f'gawdsakes, now don'tcha think they're tryin' to tell ya sumthin'??!!...and whutzmo', me 'n Mark's gittin' tired of passin' the hat 'round here to sweeten your board of directors' slush fund, trying to git 'em to change some dates. They keep coming back saying they want you out of town!!...who luvsya??? :wink: ...well, on the other hand, Susie wants to know if you want plain oatmeal pecan, or choc chip, and what about chips and crackers? If the Benton boys hit anything driving up, have'm skin it...you need a different piece of roadkill to drape over your muzzle! :lol: :lol:
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

I was wonderin about that heater buddy thing. Does it ever get cold enough in that part of Louisiana to use one?? Most likely David or Jerry had gotten it as a gag gift for Christmas and thought they'd pass it off on some poor unsuspecting soul....With the potential weather forcast for our part of the state for the weekend we may need it. If it's cold, I'll have it out and we'll toast the good folks at the Southern Nationals for our warm feet. Can't depend on the weather forcast though. We will not be weathered out unless ice and snow make it unsafe to be out. Unlike the stunt you and Mojo pulled a couple of months ago on a Red Castle match day when Melvin Gann and I were on the outskirts of Tulsa and we get a call on our cell phones that Red Castle is completely under water. Not a cloud in the sky where we were... Glenda said that the range was COMPLETELY under water....Suspect Mark and Ed and Mojo just didn't want to take a whipping that day...On the cookies, just have Suzie bring what the spirt leads her. She don't make no bad cookies.....As far as the Benton boys, Chiken says he might be there if hunting doesnt' interfere "translated if the wife lets me go" Judgeing from the photos Chiken posted of the road killed squirrles that he says fell to his hunter class air rifle, I'd bet if he shows he will bring the self same squirrels in some form of stew. As to the sideways reference to my faithful Spottin' Kitty, well she is already got her 2006 calendar out and is marking the dates....Keeps mumbling something about "that stinking mojo" and something aboutt Kess writing "spotting kitty sucks" on an empty chamber indicator, which she still has......Mess with me, kick my dog, call my children ugly, but DON"T mess with Spottin Kitty........

Hey in all seriousness, if you can make it to our last shoot of the year , come on out. Good food, a match to shoot, lies to tell, one of the last chances of the year in our part of the woods........