Newbie - Places to shoot Smallbore Silhouette in MO?

This is what we do.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Newbie - Places to shoot Smallbore Silhouette in MO?

Post by Jetmugg »

Hello:
First - let me introduce myself - my name is Steve Menendez, I'm 37 years old, and live in Festus, MO (just south of St Louis). I've never participated in a smallbore silhouette event, but I'd like to. I'm glad that this website and forum exists.

Now that the introductions are out of the way, I have a question about local silhouette shoots. I've searched online, but have not found any clubs near the St Louis area. Is there a registry of places to shoot, posted schedules, anything like that available? Something I'm missing maybe?

I've always had an "outsiders" interest in silhouette shooting, probably starting in the early '80's. A friend and I once set up an informal range at his family farm, with "paced off" distances and only 1 set of targets. The sport is enjoyable, and I can see that it can be addictive. I'm hoping to find a local or semi-local place to shoot this coming spring.

Thanks,

Steve M.
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

Steve: Despite good intentions I've never had the pleasure of shooting in Missouri but if you don't hear from some Missouri shooters soon, pm me and I'll put you in touch with some. I know that the Benchrest Club of St. Louis (a little northwest of the city) has a great highpower silhouette range and I'm pretty sure they shoot smallbore, too. Check their website. There are other smallbore matches within a reasonable driving distance of you.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Welcome Steve, glad to have you here
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Jim N Mo.

Post by Jim N Mo. »

Steve ,
At the Owensville Gun Club , in Owensville , we shoot non regulation matches the first Sunday of Each month during the season . Great group of guys who enjoy spending a day out at the range shooting instead of getting all hung up on all the rules , regulations and weight classes . Worth your time to drive about an hour and check us out . Very reasonable dues and a 500 meter range too boot . Normally have around 20 shooters at each match . Schedule will be updated in February after our annual meeting . Here is our website :

http://owensvillegunclub.org/

Jim
eeleater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eeleater »

The next 22 match at the St louis Benchrest Club is Jan 8. They also have matches scheduled for Feb 5th March 5th then October8th November5 and December 3rd. For more information contact Steve Freund at 314-352-5517 ro e mail at sjf22@earthlink.net.

I run the Silhouette matches at Columbia MO. We do not have our 06 schedule set yet- but usually start in April and end in October. They are usually the 4th Sunday of the month- but will vary from that at times- more so this coming year.

There are also matches up a Paris MO- but I do not know their scheulde. They shoot Highpower silhouette, but also have smallbore targets if someone wasnt to shoot them while others are shooting highpower.
New Jersey

Matches

Post by New Jersey »

Get a copy of "Shooting Sport USA" It list all the matches, dates and contacts. Check the web on how to get a subscription.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Or just call the NRA 1-800 number and ask for subscriptions
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Thanks for the tips.

Post by Jetmugg »

Great response to my initial posting. I guess I should renew my membership to the NRA - I let it lapse several years ago. I'm looking forward to getting out and doing some "Steel Chicken" shooting this coming season.

SteveM.
chunter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by chunter »

Here is an online resource for match schedules. There is not a lot on it now, however, once Match Directors start submitting their schedules it will fill for the upcoming 2006 year.

http://www.tsra.com/NRASletRfl01.htm