forming brass for your silhouette rifle

This is what we do.
rambuster40

forming brass for your silhouette rifle

Post by rambuster40 »

fellow silhouette shooters I would like to know how you form 260rem brass from 243 lapua brass. I just got a bad batch of rem brand brass.The lapua brass should be more uniform I need to know the correct way of forming the brass to 260 THANK YOU
Anthony G
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Never had to form brass for a smallbore, is this a new trend, just when I thought I had it all worked out :shock: :shock: :shock:
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
rambuster40

forming brass

Post by rambuster40 »

genphideaux that was a great answer to my question.
You could of just answered however you chose to be sarcastic.What a way to start a new forum.
I hope someone can explain the correct procedure on forming 260 brass from 243 brass.
Hope you have a merry Christmas
Anthony G
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

rambuster40,

Don't you think this maybe better posted on the Highpower side, seeing how it is a centerfire question, and this is the smallbore side :roll:
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg

Post by Guest »

Truly spoken as someone from Woolmarket, Mississippi - Where mena are men adn sheep are nervous!
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

I should have typed - Where men are men and sheep are extremely nervous! This HAS been spell-checked!!

Duckgumbeaux
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

I would expect no less from inbreeds, guess you'all got a better way to show someone the light

Guest,

At least I post where I'm from

Rambuster40,

Lighten up, was just pointing you to the right forum. Guess I should have had the Moderator delete it since you have no PM capibilites and it was in the wrong forum. And yes this is a good way to start a new forum

God Bless the USA

Dawg
RAMBUSTER40

FORMING BRASS

Post by RAMBUSTER40 »

IF YOU WOULD CHECK THE HP FORUM YOU WOULD SEE THAT I ALSO POSTED THE QUESTION THERE
ANTHONY G
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Well excuse me I was not aware Brass forming was a Bi-forum topic, guess I need to realign my firing pin, or just let an off topic sit and not try and clue someone in :roll: . We used to have only one forum on the gray site, I believe that is why it is split on this site to better suite the application and intention of the question. But then again some people need max exposure.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

Dawg,

Why don't you just tell the truth, you don't shoot high power! Is there such a thing as a silhouette shooter that does not have a High Power silhouette rifle. Dawg tell me it's not true, come out and play with the BIG DAWG'S,

Rambuster, you are going to need a tapered expander. You should be able to find them available form most of the major reloading die manufacturers. It will replace the one in your 260 die and will make it were you can neck up the 243 brass.

Good Luck, Paul in beautiful downtown Alvin Texas
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

stsbuyer,

Busted, you sly devil, but with friends like you I can always abuse myself

God Bless the USA

Dawg
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

Dawg,

You need to come on over and try high power again. Take a look at my new High Power hunting rifle.

Pharr stock, 1-8 twist 6.5mm Hart barrel (6.5 x 55), Jewell trigger, Leupold 24brd.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Stsbuyer,

Between you and my wife I can not figure out who spends my money faster, but I will admitte, your choices seem to be more in my favor.

great gun, greater cal.

Gonna have to get my .22 from him first, then me and you need to talk.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

40x

Post by stsbuyer »

Dawg,

Pharr is working on a 40x-22 sporter for me. Putting it in a maple stock, Lilja 23" #5 fluted barrel, Jewell trigger, with Mr Marvin rings.

Here is a look at the wood, I think you'll like it.

Later , Paul

genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Awsome, where might a big'ol boy find one of them?

God Bless the USA

Dawg