KimberHS vs. Sako finnfire P94s PLEASE VOTE!

This is what we do.
hahahunter
B Poster
B Poster

KimberHS vs. Sako finnfire P94s PLEASE VOTE!

Post by hahahunter »

KimberHS vs. Sako finnfire P94s

which would you buy? I need a nudge... :D
Last edited by hahahunter on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: KimberHS vs. Sako finnfire P94s VOTE!

Post by BlauBear »

Kimber HS - I know they shoot well.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: KimberHS vs. Sako finnfire P94s VOTE!

Post by Bob259 »

Always liked Sako centerfires myself, never looked at their .22's enough to make a decision though. I don't believe you'd loose your investment on either of them, but my choice would be the Sako, no the Kimber... no.... well flip a coin :D .
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
saikatana
B Poster
B Poster

Re: KimberHS vs. Sako finnfire P94s PLEASE VOTE!

Post by saikatana »

I shoot a Sako Finnfire, never tried a Kimber. Mine has a Lilja Barrel and a Jewel trigger so my vote my be a little jaded. As stated before you can't go wrong either way.
Travelor
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Travelor »

I see a lot of Sako's with replacement barrels - makes you wonder. I have a Sako Range on the way and I am hoping that a $360 Lilja barrel is not needed (but nice to know they are there if I do).

A question to the Sako shooter's - WHY ARE YOUR REPLACING THE FACTORY BARRELS?

:?
George
George

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

I also use a Sako Finnfire and replaced the barrel with a 22" Lilja "Sundberg Taper" drop-in.

The reason for it was to get more weight on the rifle (approximately 3/4 lb.) and make the rifle a little bit more muzzle heavy, while still keeping weight for hunter class under the allowed limit. The factory barrel, although just as accurate as the Lilja, is just too light for my taste.

As far as the cost, the $650.00 spent on the rifle and the $315.00 I spent on the barrel still cost a lot less than a new Anschutz.
About 5 years after I bought the rifle, the trigger acted-up and through Evelio, I replaced it with a Jackson. This rifle shoots better than most of us can.

By the way, I've never owned or even fired a Kimber... :shock:
Last edited by Joaquin B on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joaquin B
Leadlobber
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Leadlobber »

Hello all, yea it's been awhile .
I shoot a Sako Finnfire, a real hunter rifle ,no mods other than adjust trigger to 2 #s.No problems ,not ammo sensitive ,extra clips are expensive.
A friend bought a Kimber HS,when they first came out, it went back to the factory for a new barrel and is shooting better.
Problem is when I miss I can't blame the gun.
saikatana
B Poster
B Poster

Post by saikatana »

Second on the more weight for the Lilja plus I got it from a fellow shooter for $200 when he went to an Anschutz rifle. The factory sporter barrel seems to shoot better then the heavy factory barrel on the Sako,( I have one of each), but the Lilja has a better hang to it on target, and makes the Hunting Rifle class if I decide to put the 2# spring in the Jewel trigger.
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

I have a Sako Quad. It's very accurate with all four of the factory barrels, has a crisp trigger and I really like the short bolt throw and positive extraction. Really a very nice (but light) rifle. I understand it is very similar to the Finnfire, but have never owned or shot a Finnfire.
austin870a
B Poster
B Poster

Post by austin870a »

Sako Finfire P94 all the way. Look at the best benchrest sporter winning rifles for the last dozen years. They used to rule the roost until discontinued. If you can find one with the Jewell trigger grab it.

You will see ten or even twenty winning Sako Finfire P94 benchrest sporters for every Kimber. Most are using the stock barrel too. I hear about more dissatisfied Kimber owners than any other high end rimfire. They are real hit or miss and most can't be fixed by the factory.
Not2Kool
Unclassified Poster

Post by Not2Kool »

I have a Sako Quad and I'm looking for a Finn. I've seen the Kimbers and they just seam over priced, like Cooper.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

When in doubt I'll always pick a gun made in the U.S.A., the job you save could be yours someday.
Last edited by kevinbear on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

kevinbear wrote:When in doubt I'll always pick a gun made in the U.S.A., the job you save could be your someday.
Amen.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
John Fischer
B Poster
B Poster

Post by John Fischer »

I like the Sako P94s. The rifle has a better trigger, a better barrel and a better fitting stock. I have seen both rifles in action and most shooters like the Sako. I personally shoot a Browning 52C and it will out perform both guns in every asspect.
Keeping them targets falling!! one after another